Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boost setting?

Chas if ur on here could you ask how much a 3" dump pipe and down pipe would be thanks

I'm home now and Charlie wasn't able to do my dump pipe owing to him failing to book me in to his job list and had to squeeze me in to do an exhaust repair for me so I don't know what it would have cost, Shayne had one from Charlie he may be able to give a price.

Charlie hasn't got the jig he made from mine anymore but whilst discussing things today he offered that if you can send him a standard dump pipe to take measurements from he can make one from that . It speaks volumes about his work that while doing nothing but exhausts and with everyone in his shop constantly busy there is always a waiting list to book in . Phone and ask he will actually be happy if you say you won't be ready for a month or two .

Oh shame as I was hoping to see pics ok then I'd just like to know a rough price, I'm in two doubt whether to have stainless or just have a 3" steel one made?? Still last as long as I'll use it for maybe?? Depends on price really lol sound and performance is key. :)

MAP%20Sensor%20002_zpslawhi8wr.jpg

Ok I don't think that's wires up atal?? As I have put that engine in an lj70 there was no wires for that bit lol

Somethings wired up or there would be nothing to light up your turbo warning ? I think a sticking wastegate is more likely but you could be swapping and changing things for no reason , why not just get a cheap boost gauge so you can see exactly what the turbo is doing ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No intercooler ok then I'll get boost gauge and adjuster? Next week silly question maybe but where's best to tee the gauge in? My pics?? Thanks

You don't need the controller to find out whats going on just get a cheap gauge , forget the wires they just make it look pretty . Google images CT20 turbo and you will see there is only one vacuum pipe on it . You will probably have to remove your airbox pipe to get to it . Chop it put your T in and run the pipe to the gauge job done .

You don't need the controller to find out whats going on just get a cheap gauge , forget the wires they just make it look pretty . Google images CT20 turbo and you will see there is only one vacuum pipe on it . You will probably have to remove your airbox pipe to get to it . Chop it put your T in and run the pipe to the gauge job done .

On my LJ70 turbo (also CT20 obviously) there is a second threaded hole, I think it is to mount another pipe. So you should be able to connect a boost gauche directly on the turbo.
Interesting topic, I also look to boost up mine as it has not much power compared to my other LJ70. Top speed is the same but the torque is way less... I already set the waste gate a bit later for more power in high rpm but not much difference. This weekend I will check the compression and see if I can do something at the injection system. Tips and tricks are welcome :)

Here's a novel approach Craig , now please be aware its not true , i made it up , or i am at least guessing that Wynn's EGR cleaner attacks carbon build up via the intake . My EGR is blanked but i figured wherever the air goes the cleaner goes with it so i've just squirted a tin into my intake thinking might clean the turbo internals , a dirty piston ring and any sensor it encounters ? Maybe i'm wrong and it won't do any of those things but it can't do any harm and for under a tenner a tin .........

Ok we'll here's what I've done to save all Agro lol tinkering with fuel again, I've turned it down about half a turn, still up from standard and the light doesn't come on now, so next more is to get a gauge then see what it reads. Also isit worth blanking egr valve off or leave alone??

Chrome pipe just behind the engine at the top leads to the rear header exhaust . Check that top pipe first its a rubber seal so no gaskets to buy or anything its a 2 minute job .

Again this is all in the digital tuning devices thread .

Just looking for egr and don't seem to have one does the 1kzt have one normally or isit the 1kzte ??? I have the 1kzt not e

Ah I'm forgetting yours is an older version so maybe no egr :think: its probably just egt's lighting up your turbo warning and the only cure for that is a good exhaust .

Ok then so dump pipe and system is guna be the answer then? :)
i hope so it's driving me crazy
I had it all apart again today vacuum pipes the big ally pipe going to throttle body it actually pretty clean to be honest.. Maybe as having got egr maybe??

Egts?? Exhaust gas temperature yeah?

When end the light comes on it feels asif the power that was there instantly gets held back until I ease off throttle then boot again alway 3rd,4th and 5th and all between 2250 and 3000 rpm so I take it that's when the engine is under most load and trying to peak at max power?

Also so ive ordered boost gauge with fitting kit and adjuster for £35 so should be here Tuesday. Least I can tell u wat boost is at..
Thanks for your help so far shayne

I'm no expert and i couldn't tell you anything for certain , my truck is my first car and 3 years ago i was on here asking similar questions to you so i can only share what i have learned here from others .

Explained as you have above it sounds like your ecu is cutting fuel to protect the engine which is a nice thing to have and not something to fix or detour around . My power increase has progressed slowly and i started by doing the exhaust first . When i started messing with the fuel i would move the far end of the spanner no more than an inch and then go for a drive to see how it felt . Just take it steady a find out what the truck likes and what it doesn't . Turning up the fuel generally gives more power but there is a limit and it looks like you have found your trucks already . I haven't progressed that far yet .

Ok then we'll I'll try and put it back to standard today then till I have exhaust and boost gauge set up then I think to be safe

and 1kzt engine remember has no ecu so reason for lack of power when light comes on maybe is because turbo is possibly at it max spooling rate
or could be as like u said before the exhaust is to small and possible redistributing air flow with will then feel asif it holding back
which will feel a big difference in power as a result

Back