Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Boost setting?

I'll post u the item number for you looks a very simply design to be honest so let's hope it works well

ben what's ur lj boost at??

Thanks mate, I've not seen them before.

I'm not sure I will have to check, I think it might be 12psi.

I want to fit a top mount inter cooler and then up my boost.

:thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a turbosmart T controller , all it is a sprung ball bearing in a pipe coupling , tighten down the spring and it takes more pressure to lift the ball . I like this type because no pressure reaches the turbo actuator before your at your chosen setting so a weak actuator doesn't matter the wastegate can't leak anyway . Because of the age of our trucks it will improve your turbo even before you start upping the boost .

Ben this is the item number with adjuster parts and gauge kit. They do sell the adjuster part seperatly in oz I believe??

I can't wait to fit it so I can see what the hell is going on with this light maybe my actuator is weak?? Or waste gate maybe leaking a little??

I can't wait to fit it so I can see what the hell is going on with this light maybe my actuator is weak?? Or waste gate maybe leaking a little??

Neither would cause over boost which , from what i can gather , is what the turbo warning light indicates :think: somethings amiss somewhere . Possibly the wastegate is sticking which would cause over boost . Your controller might fix that as an unintentional side effect in which case you will never be sure that was the problem but hey who cares if its cured .

Did your truck start life with a 2LT engine ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah I see what u mean yeah. And yes started as 2l-t that's nothing to do with it tho is it??

U rekon it maybe worth taking turbo off to see if it's a seized or sticky waste gate then?? Just seems strange it's done it since turned fuel up then Evan turning it down now still does it Evan if I don't look at the lights I can feel when It does it as I holds back

I wouldn't take it off , i asked what engine it used to have because a bit of reading suggests 14psi is a good number for the 2LT as well which begs the question why if you haven't got an ecu ?

I think electrickery is the problem and although your 1KZ has a mechanical pump it's still limited by a ecu albeit by a different method to my 1KZ-TE .

Stick with the plan and fit your controller then up the boost and fuel a little and go for a drive , then do the same again and again .

Ok then my 2lt didn't have ecu either tho or is that what u mean??

No what i'm saying is i think somehow somewhere there is a fuel cut off . I don't have a turbo light but i have always been aware the ecu will shut me down to protect the engine if i overdo things , iirc you lose power when the turbo warning light comes on yeah ?

Read Beau's earlier post about tricking the ecu to allow more boost on my truck . It could be done but it wouldn't be worth it with me having an electronically controlled fuel pump , with yours having a mechanical pump i can't see why you can't just remove the sensor altogether and throw as much fuel and boost in as you want . Not that i recommend you do it though i'm just thinking your "turbo problem" might be you are hitting the factory set max boost failsafe .

Oh yeah I see what ur saying now mate I'll have a look into it I know a few people that race them offroad I might give them a cal tomorrow see if they no any thing might be a mechanical cut off link to a sensor maybe?? Cheers I'll let I know what I find out tomorrow shayne cheers

I wouldn't worry about it for now you might find your happy with 14psi and the fuel set to match and that shouldn't put the light on anyway .

I fitted adjuster and gauge and to my total shock the light comes on Evan quicker and for longer now Evan if I set it at 8 psi no diff to when I set it at 12
wtf is going on!!! :icon-evil:

I've just looked at the ebay description of your controller and it says "turn the engraved adjuster" does it have set marks for 8 and 12 psi or are you using the gauge to set it ?

No mark on it just turn it to set it I believe?? Is that why?? Shall I disconnect the adjuster?

I'm using gauge to set it if I turn it off it reads 8psi and click it up it just goes to 12 psi

Can't see the vid without turning windows update on and i can't do that without being forced to accept windows 10 :icon-rolleyes:

Found someone with the same problem -

"Ok,, got it fixed !

the mech pumped KZTs have a power reduction diaphragm, that cuts power by 50% when the 5 speed is in 1st or R

it defaults to half power without a vac signal telling the pump its not in 1 or R.

this diaphragm is located on the back of the pump, between the pump and engine, without a pump assembly manual you will never find it."

And another http://www.hpoc.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/34671-mk31kzt-conversion/

You need to find a way to disable the fuel cut off .

I don't pretend to understand the convo in the link there's no pics and mines different but the first thing i would try is clamping some mole grips on the vacuum pipe to stop pressure reaching the diaphragm on the pump , ignore the turbo light and go for a spin .

Back