Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Interior light in the cargo area for 80 Series

lol - that gave me a good chuckle Chas. That should be quite a simple fix then.

i had a look in my 80 and could not find anywires could always run some from the middle light

Found them!

I was being a bit soft and gentle with the wires tucked into the rook space. A quick tug :shock: and a taped up connector appeared. Now to screw the light onto the roof and cut the headlining nicely. :cool:

Any chance we can retrieve/reinstate the pics from page 1 of this thread? Thread is a bit useless without pics!

As this thread is now 5 years old they (LED's) may not be available any more. Do a search on Ebay, there's loads. I replaced my interior bulbs with some a few months back and they make a bid difference.

I too fitted a third OE lamp at the cargo end, Karl Webster sent me one over about three years back. TBH I have not found the need to change to LED but having seen some vehicles fitted with LED's on MUD I must say I am tempted.

I am also looking for a strip light to fit in the lift up tailgate,

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My LED strip light fitted to the tailgate

IMAG0711_zpsgclerykw.jpg

My LED strip light fitted to the tailgate

IMAG0711_zpsgclerykw.jpg

BLOODY HELL! (Dave taps rapidly at the brightness adjustment button!) Now that is a light!

That is exactly what I want, pointer to source?

regards

Dave

cwc,

i did the same, although i placed it on the bottom/rear of the window pointing in. Gives great light to the interior even when full, and lights up the tailgate when we are camping.

Did you manage to get the wiring through the original grommet? I was worried I'd never get it back together again and just had the wire running free. the grey wire in the pic below, with red switch next to the fridge. I wanted to be able to turn it off with the tailgate open when there were lots of insects about.

[RESIZE=100] FullSizeRender.jpg[/RESIZE]

Last edited:
Some nice lighting ideas here. I have seen advertised...somewhere a strip of LED's on a flexible material, you could simply cut them to length and they still worked as they were paralleled!

@ Towpack, they look pretty cool, I a going to order some, might also fit one along the bottom of each the doors as puddle lights, cheaper than ordering the OE units.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
I bought a strip of these very cheaply as footwell lights. They work superbly and I have gone on to use them for other things. They look best when hidden from direct view (such as door puddle lights) and come in warm or cool white among others. They are best when attached to good straight flat backing such as painted metal.

Look for COB LEDs, these are much more even as lights on view as overall diffused light.

Warm white will give a slightly orange light nearer to filament lamps, whereas cool white is closer to daylight. Some can just be too blue but most are good colour now especially warm white which is what we are mostly used to in filament lamps.

I used the led strip you can buy it was sticky on one side but I added sikaflex to make sure it didn't fall. It's so bright now.
People say though that the bugs are attracted to the white lights so may change to a red or yellow at some point.
Stu

Dave 2000,

that's exactly what i did. They are cheap and bright and cut to length, but the soldering was a real pain as there is only a very small contact area.
I had lots left over, so run it the length of the awning as well, which we don't use very often, but works well.
http://r.ebay.com/OI2x4R

Back