Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser Colorado VX model 2000 (X) value help and knowing which engine!

As the owner of one of the higher mileage Colorados on the forum, (despite it being the very last of them registered) I would have no worries about 150k miles on one of these. You'll have to expect some maintenance ant that mileage, second timing belt, brake calipers may need changing soon on the back... Drop links and anti roll bar bushes often need doing around this mileage

But the trucks are essentially very tough, and will serve you very well for many years to come. Service history on a 13 year old truck is going to be a bonus, as opposed to a definite imo.. look for wear on the steering wheel leather and seat bolster inside too.

Happy shopping

Thanks Bob, that is great advice as i am looking at 2 trucks x and 51plate and with 130&140k on them, but with both fsh's. They are interesting me as the fsh is well worth the extra milage

this info will be of help.

Looking at some (up to) 51 plates at the moment

million dollar question 3.0TD vs D4D?

Is there much in it?

Looking at some (up to) 51 plates at the moment

million dollar question 3.0TD vs D4D?

Is there much in it?

1KD-FTV (D4D) seem much less likely to crack their heads. Also (in the 120 at least) the water and auto box radiators are seperate and don't crack allowing fluid to mix. My 120D4D is loads quieter than my 90 1KZ-TE, but maybe there is better sound proofing in the car?

Worth checking the rear axle upper link bar mounting brackets, the drain holes get blocked up and these rust through from the inside.

Fairly simple repair for anyone handy with a welder but if it looks scabby before purchase it could be a bargaining point for a couple of hundred off the asking price.

I'd also check the rear coil spring chassis mounts. They are dished on a 90 and act as a nice mud trap. They were on their way out in my 13 yr old 90. Rear two cross members also suffer, but are easier to weld (although fuel tank needs to come out for the 2nd one back on a SWB).

Cheers Rob

I will need to have a good look underneath

I seeing one this weekend and thats a 03/2001, manual disel 3.0 d4d GX - i am guessing a Y plate - just waiting for more pics.

Chap is having it serviced b4 he sells it and said he will do the belts if needed

i guess that will be of help

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Theres a 1998 GX for sale near me - 125,000 miles but one owner and full Toyota service history. Its £4,295, advertised on the Landcruiser facebook page that Karl runs, landcruisers for sale and wanted I think, and ebay.

Just looked at that, wife said no to the colour, man this is harder than I thought.

Right wanted ad going in

Saw some 52plates on the bay, checking them out too!

Looks like a busy week next week, glad the kids are off

Im trying hard to give the appearance of selling it, without actually making any effort :)

Im trying hard to give the appearance of selling it, without actually making any effort :)

Not had a look at it as I can't it! Forgot to mention I went on facebook looking for it and remembered I don't even have a account!

If you go on to ebay its £4,295 and seller is barbarycorsair. I know the truck and its in really good condition.

Mine is green, you dont want it. ;)

Mines a swb 1998 GX and whoever bought it new obviously wanted a blue leather interior so Toyota supplied just that , it's noted in the service book that the seat leather is not manufactured or guaranteed by Toyota . I've been searching for ages for black swb 90 with a D4D badge without any luck at all so today i went to look at a black swb 90 sporting a GX badge same as my own truck and guess what it has under the bonnet .......
:banana-wrench: a D4D .

There are always exceptions to the rule .

Mines a swb 1998 GX and whoever bought it new obviously wanted a blue leather interior so Toyota supplied just that , it's noted in the service book that the seat leather is not manufactured or guaranteed by Toyota . I've been searching for ages for black swb 90 with a D4D badge without any luck at all so today i went to look at a black swb 90 sporting a GX badge same as my own truck and guess what it has under the bonnet .......
:banana-wrench: a D4D .

There are always exceptions to the rule .

would you believe it!

Back