Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb October 10-12th

Still quite wet in places in the woods, I had to rescue a 110 that had got stuck the weekend before last :whistle:

Hi, as I'm new to the forums, what's the deal with the 'Lincomb' event? What happens? (Still haven't got a pass to escape for the weekend as still planning October at the moment but might try and make it)

Its just social with sometimes a bit of off roading, punch competition thrown in, you know BBQ / hog roast tonnes of beer, late night round a bonfire talking bo%$()ks and retire late to a tent. Great camaraderie between like minded guys from all sorts of backgrounds.
I'm not sure you'd like it :lol:
I'm down that weekend if you want to run down together from't Yorkshire.

Andy

a bit of off roading Andy
:laughing-rolling: it's a chance to test your trucks full ability or if you prefer to do some mild off roading with no pressure and no fear of damage . It's good nobody is egging you one to do anything you don't want to . It's pretty much a free roam environment with no fear of getting stuck as the next guy to come along will pull you out and then back to the camp field for beer and grub around the bonfire , i've only been once and everyone was a stranger to me but i thoroughly enjoyed it and so did the mrs much to my astonishment :thumbup:

:laughing-rolling: it's a chance to test your trucks full ability or if you prefer to do some mild off roading with no pressure and no fear of damage . It's good nobody is egging you one to do anything you don't want to . It's pretty much a free roam environment with no fear of getting stuck as the next guy to come along will pull you out and then back to the camp field for beer and grub around the bonfire , i've only been once and everyone was a stranger to me but i thoroughly enjoyed it and so did the mrs much to my astonishment :thumbup:
Will you and Helen be coming to this one Shayne? be good to meet up again.

Things are a bit up in the air at the mo Chas my trucks in the Isle of Man and i'm grounded until the daughter in law has her baby (due 2 days ago) , Helen's been asked to take holidays from work or lose them ... again! so i'm basically keeping stum until i find out if she wants us to go abroad or something its only fair she works hard and i've been away a lot . For me its gonna be a last minute hey they are having a meet at Lincomb this weekend love how about it :shifty:

Going to the Adventure Overland though so may see you there , arrive Saturday morning and leave in the evening coz the grandson is in charge , keep an eye out for a black Hummer its not hard to spot :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Going to the Adventure Overland though so may see you there , arrive Saturday morning and leave in the evening coz the grandson is in charge , keep an eye out for a black Hummer its not hard to spot :thumbup:

I'll see you there then, I'll either be wandering round or on the Overland Cruisers stand.

Would it be ok to just come down for the day and do a bit of offroading and meeting people? Got other family engagements on so can't make the whole weekend :-(

Yes, that's fine. Not everyone will be there for the whole weekend.

Just some noobie , questions... How many will be attending? I suppose I need to bring a tent.., what else to expect? I will be traveling from Geneva to pick up a trailer in Durham on Friday and them arrive Friday night...

All help advice appreciated!

Last edited:
There's toilets and a shower shower on site though you may find a queue in the mornings , there's town not far away with a pub and supermarket so you could just arrive with no forward planning and sleep in your truck . Just bring youself some beer and the rest will sort itself out :thumbup:

Going to collect my 90 on Saturday guys so hope to make Lincomb .

So by my counting it looks around 12+ committed to attending... Our trip is coming together. We set off from Geneva Thursday to pick up a trailer in Durham and hope to arrive Friday night... Is that too early?

Quite a few of us will be there from Friday night - some will probably even be there from the afternoon

I'll be there Friday, early evening sometime.

Looks like 12 plus going to attend.. We will travel from Geneva to Durham to collect a trailer and arrive Friday night, hopefully...

I might not make Friday night. If I do it'll be late. Got to leave Sunday at Lunchtime too. Bah.

Early departure Sunday for me too, I'm flying to Malta early Monday morning.

Back