Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Navara/L200/Hilux/Rodeo/Ranger thoughts

What about converting an 80 into a crew cab pickup? :lol:

DSC03355.jpg

Challenger isn't a pickup.....

I know, but it's interesting that the non-work vehicle has the higher towing limit....

I know a fair few over here as well... also doing a lot of stuff at uni with Agricultural Economics students over here...

And 80 series cut downs are quite common over here, as are 100 and 200 series. I've even seen a Lexus LX470 cut down to a double cab; the interesting one is when they get a chassis stretch as well, and the rear wheel arch space becomes a cubby for gear and stuff.

Exactly!!!!
That's what I just said to my mate who is trying to get me to do a G Wagen conversion similar to the 80 !!!!!

So ust by way of an update, my mate is gonna look at a lightly crashed 04 L200 import for me tomorrow. In the meantime I bid on a Rodeo with a b*ggered gearbox but it went for too much, and have been possibly offered a (manual) Navara that is a bit battered but mechanically wanted for nothing. So we'll see what happens. In the meantime the 80 has been doing her best to earn her keep. Chased the painter again about my arches....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
dont get the l 200 no matter how cheap it is!!
stu

GF's Dad's last MN L200 went in as a PX for something in the region of £4k... Warrior spec, long tub, hard cover and with a reasonable set of muddies on it.

Here's my 2p's worth FWIW:-

I have had the early L200 import - avoid it unless its free and then think twice

The two Navarra's '07 and '09 were great work vehicles

The '04 plate hilux I have is great for what it is but i would agree towing capacity is pants.

i see you are considering stuff that needs some work so no afraid of the spanners. How does this look to you:-

http://www.brightwells.com/Vehicles/4x4/Catalogue.aspx#Non Runners On Site

Hope the link works it should be a non-running navarra at Brightwells.

Copart seem to have a steady supply of bashed and not-so-bashed hilux and navarra also

The L20 is almost free, to be fair (lol) so I have a deposit on it. It is auto.
d22 nav at brightwells will be manual, and likely have a conrod through the block, circa £2250 to exchange engine. Very common.
Had a 56 plate Nav auto in past and loved it but just too expensive still, as is all the stuff in Copart (I am a member).
Hilux autos are out of reach too.
80 for sale in a couple of weeks :(

Cit Brown - can I ask why you say that about the imported L200 please?

I don't know the Ranger, but I have experience with the rest. On bad roads, with bad fuel, bad drivers, poor maintenance, you get the picture: kinks show up real quick.

Without entering into details, the only one I'd consider among those I know is the Rodeo. Again, I can't compare with the Ranger because I don't know it.

Back