Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tyre size

Springate’s

Country Flag
great_britain
Probably a dumb question……So I have standard 17” rims with 245/65/17 tyres which I want to change to Falken Wildpeak AT3WA’s. Will 265/65/17 be ok?
What is the range of tyres which will fit standard 17” rims?

in Europe you're only allowed to use the sizes as stated in the documents, or risk fines and insurance invalidity, check where are u

in Europe you're only allowed to use the sizes as stated in the documents, or risk fines and insurance invalidity, check where are u
I’m in the UK so no insurance issue. I’m just unsure of the sizing issues on stock rims.

They're skinny tyres, are they original.specification ?
The ones on my 120 are 265/65/17.

They're skinny tyres, are they original.specification ?
The ones on my 120 are 265/65/17.
They’re original but to correct my original post the size is 245/70/17. I’ve been assured that 265/65/17 will be fine…….I hope so because I’ve just ordered a set of Yokohama Geolander AT GO15. Black Circle had 15% off flash sale!

An update. The day after ordering the Yokohamas on Black Circle, they emailed to say they were actually out of stock and offered me an Avon tyre as an alternative. I refused the Avon and requested Falken Wildpeak AT3 as an alternative, which they agreed to at the same, offer price of £480 for 4. Had them fitted today in 265/65/17 and first impressions are very positive!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
120's normally have 265/65 R17s Dunlop Grandtek's,not a good tyre IMO. I hope the Falkens are decent, good price.

I have Yolo 265/65/17 on mine. Ok but I do get a bit of oversteer if I go too fast round a corner. Had Bridgestones on my 90 when I had it and they were fine.

Back