Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VSC/TRAC & VSC OFF warning. Bad Fridays

In my experience most of them just bend/weld the pipes and leave the mapping/ECU trickery to others - only the really serious get involved in both and you pay for that expertise.

This morning I engaged the services of a firm called UK Diagnostics based in Ilford, Essex, in my efforts to avoid the perils of Mr T and finally discover the mystery of what was going on with my VSC-TRAC/VSC On warning lights. What they came up with was this:" C1336/ Zero point calibration of deceleration sensor, undone". They said this could have something to do with my recent upgrade from 16-18" alloys. They ran a full diagnostics and everything else was coming up fine, apart from this C1336 code. Does anyone have any idea of how I should now proceed, as these damn warning lights are still on and driving me to distraction?

That's the fault code that came up on mine.
Myself and my mechanic went for a drive with my tech stream plugged in and re set the calibration to 0
need a tech stream program, a laptop, a mini vci cable and driver

Well I can now confirm that the paperclip trick (has demonstrated in that YouTube viral) works alas with the proviso that you must also be able to reset all readings back to their default with a techstream or some other device at the same time you perform a manual C1336 reset. Look here for more information: http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/477...04-toyota.html and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhvuuFK1cTY . It took two visits, a paper clip and £90.00 for Issy to finally turn off those dreaded VSC TRAC/VSC OFF warning lights which was £20.00 more expensive than Mr T but without the hidden agenda. I would highly recommend the dudes at UK Diagnocstics who seemed a whole heap more informative and on the ball than the boffins at Jemca. They can be contacted on 07904 371888 and are located in Ilford, Essex. I can't remember their web address but a quick google should suffice. I'm just so happy that I've got this sorted. All I need now is my key fob replaced with something more durable......Than the cheap 3rd party knock off I've been buying lately.

Having had the same issue with ASC/TRC lights as the OP and similar frustrations with Toyota main dealers inability to assist with a simple zero point calibration I yesterday contacted Issy and went up to meet him today.

It was a pleasure to meet someone who knew his stuff and was able to resolve my issue without any fuss or problems.

I would highly recommend him to anyone with diagnostic issues whether it be Toyota or other makes - his business is called London Diagnostic, website is londondiagnostic.co.uk and contact number 07904371888.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back