Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What an 80 is capable of ......

Mblinko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I happened across this which is an entertaining demo .....

There must be other good videos out there, post what you've got ?

Last edited:
Tyres and could do with dropping the tyre pressure as well. Wonder if he had any wheel wobble through the steering after doing that!:think:

Tyres and could do with dropping the tyre pressure as well. Wonder if he had any wheel wobble through the steering after doing that!:think:

+1 tyres looked all wrong, I wouldn't let him near my truck :lol: complete disrespect for mechanical endurance and durability, less brute force more thinking required methinks!

I was more interested in the capability of the vehicle ... and in some circumstances brute force is what is required. Whether you'd do it to your vehicle is a different question altogether. Yep, the tyres were iffy, but let's celebrate the capability of the car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
+1 tyres looked all wrong, I wouldn't let him near my truck :lol: complete disrespect for mechanical endurance and durability, less brute force more thinking required methinks!

Couldn't agree more. I was cringing watching most of that :?

I think the answer is almost anything you throw at it :thumbup:

No harm or foul in buying a vehicle to use and abuse i reckon its his money and he will enjoy it as he chooses , you can't fault the truck's ability though i'm pretty sure i would have been in trouble on that route in my shorty .

Last edited:
No harm or foul in buying a vehicle to use and abuse i reckon its his money and he will enjoy it as he chooses , you can't fault the truck's ability though i'm pretty sure i would have been in trouble on that route in my shorty .

Agreed Shayne, but I'm sure he could have made life a bit easier for himself and the truck.

He got there in the end, but it was a bit wham bam ....

I'd love to do that route :icon-biggrin: can you imagine any of the park authorities over here letting it remain open :lol:

It's an entertaining video, I'd love to see a well trained driver in an 80 doing the same route, it'd be very educational ;)

I think that has less to show what an 80 can do but more showing what an 80 can put up with. A lot of that looks like it might have been doable with a lighter foot but he seems to be enjoying the binary on-off action on the go pedal. :D

On of his other vids a defender 90 with a busted front diff is being winched around the place. That's what makes the LC different. :)

enjoyed that,it's not often hills look steep on video
fair play to him for having a go on those tyres
he's a better 80 driver than me :)

more practice next sunday for me...

Back