Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

02 Colorado

Leslie

Country Flag
england
Hi

I have noticed what I thought was a blown o/s/r reverseing light bulb so nipped out a tea time and took off the lamp , only to find a blank bulb holder , so has anybody sorted out a solution ,
I was out this last weekend with a mate and he has a 05 120 and these have twin reverse lights so is this the solution .

ATB

Hi Leslie,

If you do a quick search on "rear lights" you'll see a few posts on this topic. The standard UK Colorado only comes with 1 reversing light, though you can modify this to provide twin lights if you have the right bits and pieces.

This thread will give you an idea of what's involved.

On mine, there are multi-plugs in the rear wings behind the upper light clusters that make wiring up the Prado looms easy - but I did have to move one of the pins around to get everything to line up.

Although there is a second reversing light connection I found it to be dead. I haven't traced it back to find out why, or added my own wiring to it yet.

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10978&highlight=prado+lights

I believe that some models don't have this additional wiring in place so it might be a bit of a 'lucky dip' :roll: .

Bob.

Thankyou very much for the link gents , I had noticed that there is more wires in the plug than the bulbs being used I had got my eye on one of the side light units off one of the trucks for a donor bulb holder so no big deal .
If I recall the prado :whistle: had two reverse lights .

Cheers

Back