Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1) Cable Track & 2) Hella (Germany)

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Howzit Guys,
1)
I'm looking for that stuff that you put cable into and it behaves like a tank-track, ensuring the cable doesn't get trapped etc. Now I'm sure I've seen it in a post on here somewhere, but all my searches have yielded zilch!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any idea where and what type to buy?

2)
Does anyone have a contact or an account with HELLA?
I am trying to obtain a specific set of switches that they make. I have found some in Germany, but they will not post to UK....

Alternatively is there anyone in Germany that I could have the parts sent to and then you could perhaps post on to me. All postage paid my end?

Thanks

Search for ‘cable chain’ on EBay. There’s all sorts of sizes. If you need anything more business like look at igus.

Have you searched ‘Hella Switch’ on EBay? There’s quite a few on there.
Perhaps you could post a pic and indicate if it HAS to be the Hella ones or if an equivalent would suffice? Otherwise you may need to find a UK distributor.

Last edited:
If you post a picture of the switch I may be able to help. Used to buy hgv and psv parts. Not much I can't find

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Olazz,
I'm not in Germany but just next door in Belgium. If they ship to Belgium I can help you.
Or maybe I can source the switches locally.

I have a Cruiser friend in Germany if you don’t find another route

Guys, a thousand thanks for all of your help!

Cable tracks all sorted.

These are the 2 switches (3 of each) I am after, with the corresponding lower inserts.

I will cal the company in Germany and see what they are prepared to do by way of shipping outside Germany.

Much obliged to all.
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.41.02.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.43.35.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.43.46.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.45.51.png

Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.54.04.png
Screenshot 2019-05-07 at 08.54.22.png

Stu, nice one boet.

Unfortunately they don't supply the locking switch, but there is a load of other stuff on there that may be very useful.

They used to supply the locking one. They used to have a chap called Steve in the Bristol branch that was great worth giving him a call.

It may be the Volvo fit side then

Guys now all sorted. Oddly company in Germany wouldn't post out to UK if I paid via Paypal, but would if I did a direct bank transfer :confusion-shrug:

Thanks for the help....

PS.
Stu, the switches offered by Carlylebus&coach aren't Hella, but Ring automotive, but its a great resource non the less. Thank you.

Olazz the switches look very similar to Durite products available from most motor and commercial factors

Thanks Steve, yes very similar to Durite, but not quite the same... It's the locking switch thats different.

Yes I could just change all the switches to Carling or the later version of Hella, but I want to keep the OEM style of the existing 11 switches I have. Also good to carry a couple of spares J.I.C.

Good all sorted So how long do we have to wait for the BIG reveal

Well I was hoping December 2018 :laughing-rolling:

Truck was scheduled to be at the Overland show in April, revised to 10th May, but it's touch and go for the 10th. Had I known what this would entail way back in October 2017, I probably wouldn't have undertaken the build. It began as an exciting project, but before too long became frustrating, exasperating, disappointing, anger inducing, fist clenching.... you get the idea.

Phone rings.........

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:
Just put phone down, a call from the builder; whilst installing the rear garage door this pm, it fell off the fork lift and got damaged. Has to go off for repairs and repaint! I won't even guess at the completion date now.

I was warned by many who've undertaken the task, that the project will sap my soul and eventually cause me to question my sanity.

Time for a glass of Edradour !!

You’ll be naming it ‘Brexit’ at this rate…:shifty:

Olazz got to admire your honesty have you said all of the above to your therapist tell you what get it finished and i will get you a bottle of Auchentoshan single malt for your open day if you still have that planned oh and dont give up now

Back