Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series diag protocol

nathanrobo

I incorrectly bought an OBD II lead for my Mini Cooper D '08 and I think it should have been EOBD II.

I've searched an there are more threads than you can shake a stick at for OBD &
OBD II etc. often for 120 series. What I'm trying to understand is whether the leads I have will work on my 2001 albeit with different software (that I don't yet have)? My '01 is a TD Anniversary 100 series.

Just a heads up , I plugged a handheld obd2 reader into mine and it caused the vsc/off and vsc/trc lights to come on and stay on. I found a post online about it and in some cases Toyota's software doesn't like foreign obd2's! Might not happen to you but at least you'll know if it does !

Just a heads up , I plugged a handheld obd2 reader into mine and it caused the vsc/off and vsc/trc lights to come on and stay on. I found a post online about it and in some cases Toyota's software doesn't like foreign obd2's! Might not happen to you but at least you'll know if it does !

Enough said! I'm not going near my LC with it. My neighbour has a '52 plate cooper petrol - he can have it.

Nathan

I'm not sure where you are based as its not in your profile but if you are anywhere near me you are welcome to pop around and use my diagnostics tool on your cruiser.

t0yota has it's own MOBD flavour. Multiplex OBD I think it was.
The more standard versions are OBD2 and EOBD (European...).

All the HDJ100s have the MOBD only. For the UZJ I'm not sure, but in the US they all have OBD2 (OBD II).
Anyhow, not a problem as you can get an adaptor w software for $35...

Nathan

I'm not sure where you are based as its not in your profile but if you are anywhere near me you are welcome to pop around and use my diagnostics tool on your cruiser.

Hi mate

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll update my profile... I'm in Kettering (used to work for Imation and was regularly in Bracknell). But about 100 miles away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back