Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Landcruiser Product Development Poll (UK/Europe)

What Product do you want for your cruiser?

• Rock Sliders

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Slimline Roof Rack

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Gullwings

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Front Winch Bumper

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Rear Bumper with modular swing outs

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Interior Molle style storage panels

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

I'm posting up a few Polls to help me ascertain which products to focus my attention on.

(EDIT: I can only post ten options per poll so this thread will be duplicated for the 80 series and 90 series land cruisers)

So as I have mentioned on a few threads, I'm finally in a position to start developing product for 4x4's that will be manufactured by any metal fabrication business (BRE Fabrications, based in Hertfordshire). I have had a great response from several members on here with ideas for the products they would like to see available (and made) in the UK.

Current products in development are:
80 series
  • Slimline Roofrack
  • Long Range fuel tank to replace factory tank - Circa 140l. (@Gary820 has tested the first tank extensively and it's held up well).
  • Gullwing Doors (Starcruisers Design - See here for more details)
90 Series
  • Rock sliders (LWB Model)
  • Front Spotlight brackets

Ideas that are on the list for development:

100 Series
  • Rock Sliders
  • Slimline Roof Rack
  • Gullwings
  • Front Bumper
  • Rear bumper with modular swing outs
  • Interior Molle style storage panels

Any other ideas of product that folk would be interested in?

vote cast.

How about a underslung water tank? Not sure how big the market is for that. Maybe combined with the long range fuel tank as per the LongRanger products.

I appreciate there is much more demand for the 80's so its better to spend your time designing around the 80 chassis, but a long range fuel tank for the 105? Or the underslung water/ fuel tank for the 105?

just a thought.

Good luck

Front and rear bumpers - would have to come with a certificate of approval for road use according to EU regulations (does that mean Tüv approved?). Would that be possible at all? I believe that a front bumper would have to be a winch bumper to make it possible to certify as road legal. Do you have more insight on this?

Front and rear bumpers - would have to come with a certificate of approval for road use according to EU regulations (does that mean Tüv approved?). Would that be possible at all? I believe that a front bumper would have to be a winch bumper to make it possible to certify as road legal. Do you have more insight on this?
Hi @uHu, I have looked into the legality side previously and it seems to be a very grey area. There seems to be definitive guidance on Bull bars being illegal. But winch bumpers seem to be ok as long as they are mounted for the primary purpose of fitting a winch. There was a thread about this sometime time ago that may be of interest - See here

When speaking to my local MOT guys I asked them about the winch bumper on my 80 and they said they don't bother looking at them as it isn't part of the test. I have also declared my bumper (specifically declared as a winch bumper) to my insurers and they have confirmed no issue with them. In terms of legislation on the uk government websites there doesn't appear to be anything clear or definitive that I have been able to find.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Be interested in rear bumper and swing arms for wheel and storage equipment with some recovery eyes

Back