Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Remote central locking

Datto

Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone here can help me with this problem.
My local Toyota dealer told me it is normal but other cruisers I have looked at work great.
My remotes are brand new but will only work when i hold them at the bottom of the front windscreen.
I have tried extending the black aerial wire on control box but still the same.
Any help would be great as my wife is going insane.
She just wants to be able to open it from behind the car when she has the kids and shopping.

Thanks.

Should work well from 50 feet. Did you change the battery in the remote?

Does it work better in some locations? Some communication equipment will interfere with the signal, eg. automatic doors (shops), remote control for trucks, cranes, concrete trucks.

Makes no difference where the car is. Home, shops anywhere.
New batteries put in both remotes.
I tried on another 100 series and they worked great from over 5 meters behind it.
Have thought of replacing it with after market unit but shouldn't have to. It should work same as others.

Replaced batteries with same as original even though both remotes were new. Not sure of brand will check.
Will also try holding remote under chin.
Hell I'd try anything at the moment.
Aerial is above glovebox area but when I pulled it out and towards floor still needed remote in centre of windscreen lower area to work.

Bought a new module and remotes from Toyota for only $100.
Plugged it in and works great.
Happy wife, Happy life :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Where did you buy it from? I've got the same issue and can't seem to find any for sale

Think Datto is in the wind by now Joren! But welcome to the club!

Ya I know . Only recently bought a Landcruiser and got this problem. And then I saw this thread, was hoping to still be able to get an answer

Not yet, I'll have to give them a call during working hours. I'll see what they say

Back