Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 3.0d 1kd engine

Oh no sorry to hear that! Any clues as to why? What was the mileage, any tuning box fitted?

Previous owners neglect, and possibility of mechanic not doing their job, when I bought the car it was fine 116,000 miles developed a slight misfire wanted the injectors changed, apparently they got changed then it came back with a new issue with the airmass meter gone, I don't know how a car goes in fromjectors and comes back with the airflow mass meter broken but never mind, 4 hours in the clear with the injectors done but still was misfiring I had to warm it up before driving it, and then it happened about 14,000 miles later, running like an old tractor, took oil cap off and boom you can see it not holding pressure, I spend a few grand on prevention, but if you don't physically do it yourself you can't trust

To get a running engine that you can hear/see, normally involves (but not always, depending on source) buying a donor vehicle, (damaged/scrap), unless recon unit which again MAY be doubtful.
You have the new injectors, a good start, and probably impossible, but I would be wanting to drop the oil to check state of oil pick to give an indication of neglect ?
Not an easy task sourcing a good d4d as 1 or 2 have tried.
Someone went for a total rebuild and replacement of many parts of his old engine at great cost when he was in a similar position as you.
Good luck !

Funny enough, I had bought at great expense, new injectors, glow plugs, valves, and everything for a complete service, the week before I was actually going to change everything, she cracked the piston, well I was hoping for someone on here to maybe have one, but looking at reconditioned engines at the moment

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back