Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Engine Identification

Sam

Garage
Ok - this is likely a very daft question and I'm not sure why it's taken me over a decade nearly two decades to consider it ...
I know my '03 KDJ120R LC4 has got a 1KD-FTV engine - what I don't know is the kW/ps spec.
How does one go about identifying that? It feels like I need to get this 100% right in my injector supply research. :think:

On your registration document.
This was asked recently, but because the lc was a Jersey motor it wasn't on there ?

Nothing on the reg doc that isn't on the vin plate - maybe it's encoded in one of those - or is this just gearbox related? :think:

That's odd, 2 in a week without.
Just in case you missed it, its in small print at the bottom of "vehicle details" kw, on the back of the front page.
The vin includes, from memory, paint code, vehicle vin numbers, weights, axles etc. Code I suggested to the other member, but neither of us could see one.

No it's all Exhaust Emmissions g/kWh etc. down there. I have a suspision it's just about the different gearing. 4, 5, 6 speed etc. - except that I've seen 4 different power ouput ratings .. I suppose one could be for a manual? hmmmm .....

Denso want a choice between the following for a 1KD-FTV (and this is AFTER selecting '03 - maybe something's wobbly on their site).

- 120kW (163ps)
- 122kW (166ps)
- 127kW (173ps)
- 150kW (204ps)

Parkers break it down to ...

- 3.0 D-4D Diesel
- 3.0 D-4D (173ps) Diesel

No, there are 2 columns, the one with figures g/kWh you are looking at, is the second column.
You're looking at V.1, V.2. V.3.and V.4. figures

The first column at the bottom ""P.2. Max. net power (kw)" Mine is 122.

Parker, as most of those type of publication seem to think there is only one d4d engine that they list as 173ps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They must have changed the docs - only one column on mine :icon-rolleyes:

Back