Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

12ht valve lash

Peter61

Country Flag
australia
Hi folks I need a little bit of a hand adjusting my valves and would like a bit of a walk through or conformation. As per manual I find tdc by rotating crank to the compression stroke so both valves are loose on number one and mark aligned on crank pulley, then adjust clearances as per manual . In the manual it describes placing a mark every 120 degrees so there are essentially 3 marks including factory mark and by rotating the engine as per mark you will find tdc of each piston from 1 to 6 . Just to get my head around this that would mean the crank needs to rotate 360 degrees twice ? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes Peter that is correct. You will get a feel for it as you go, probably without the 120 degree marks.
Advice, well, this is a friendly forum and it's nice to hear a bit about new guys and their trucks. We have an 'introduce yourself' section. It would be good if you did. :icon-biggrin:

Best wishes
Richard

The important thing is to have the TDC pulley mark on TDC and ensure the valves you are adjusting are loose. If the valves you are adjusting are tight you've got muddled up and the crank needs to go round another 360 degrees.

To add to that, always turn the crank in the direction it should go.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back