Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

16 year relationship over!!!

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Today the 16 year relationship I had been involved with came to an end. My silver VX auto found a new home. We met in 97 after trying 30 others I knew when I saw her 50 yards away I knew "thats the one". It has been completely reliable in that time and apart from consumables, an ignition barrel and a tank sender unit cost nowt in all those years.
I hope she serves the new owner as well as I have been served. Apart from the cambelt changes I have done all the servicing and any remedial work myself and would like to think I did a good job.
The new owner is a forum member and will be posting soon.

Just a few last pics:-

IMG_0372_zpsa3e352f9.jpg

IMG_0373_zps821d52c1.jpg

IMG_0376_zps4b19cd05.jpg

IMG_0377_zps2b4203c2.jpg

Going.

IMG_0383_zpsc299fbe7.jpg

Going
IMG_0384_zps18fe5580.jpg

Gone!!
IMG_0385_zpsf581bf37.jpg

Andy

Yep indeed, life goes on with a 100 series!!! In fairness I had only done about 8K summer miles in the past 6 years in it so it's better for someone else to be using it for what it was made for.

Andy

Ahh the pride of the fleet. The Good Ship Laughton. Bon Voyage.

It was a real minter that one.

Incredible restoration after that motorway write off Andy. Paint looks like a pretty close match. Arf Arf.

Yes Chris, 37kg of filler and 4 nights with a Black and Decker sander and no one would have known, thanks for that Chris:lol:

Andy

andy do you have any more photos of the intercooler install plese.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A sad day for you indeed, the end of one relationship :icon-cry: ......however the beginning of a whole new one for the (lucky) new owner! :icon-cool: :dance:

Should've kept the 80, you would be happier in the long run.

Mr Ctiley, I thought long and hard about letting that one go. I don't think I will regret it though. It had very little use over the past few years and to be honest it had been so reliable it was boring. As a few people on here know me know, I will still be happier in the long run (80 wise that is).

How often do you see this:-

The original touch up tins(still liquid and usable) and lube spray supplied with the Cruiser when bought new.

IMG_0354_zpse890c5e2.jpg

Andy

I have the original green touch up paint for my 80 and 2x shades of silver for the 100. My 80 has all the original steel left on the sills. Not lost to rust!

Frank

This a "Dear Frank" letter.....

Dear Frank, it looks second hand because its had the paint rattling round in it for 18 years, I forgot to wrap them and everything else harder than a tissue in a soft duster in order that in the future some bu@@er could point it out.:lol:
If I could have foreseen that I was going to keep it so long, and knew what I know now I would have had a different strategy towards its preservation and would have painted all the black underneath as it was pretty much like new and kept a lot of the salt off it, as it was I thought I would have a nearly new 100 within a couple of years, how wrong I was!! 14 years wrong!!
I always removed all the sill bungs every service and squirted clean engine oil into the sills, this is probably why the sills are rust free after 18 years.

See ya soon Frank

Andy

Dear Mr Lomas,

You must have nerves of steel driving your 80 round for years listening to the paint tins scratching your pristine glove compartment.

I was not suggesting you didn't have any sills left.

Ha Ha Ha :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Frank

Back