Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-FT H151 gearbox wiring plug

creontchacos

Country Flag
cyprus
Dear all I have installed a 1hd-ft with its H151 gearbox into a 1985 75 series, the engine and gearbox were removed directly from a 1995 80 series. On the Gearbox there is a large plug which i assume must have fit into the wiring loom of the 80 series, does any one have any idea what each of the connectors in this plug are so that i can wire it to the new car.

Also i think this is the gearbox which only locks its center diff when low range is in, does anyone know how to re wire so i can lock the center differential with a push button??

look forward to any replies

many thanks Creon

The xfer box on the 80 series does lock the CD automatically when shifting to low range. Fitting a dashboard mounted switch means you can also lock the CD in high range. The difflocks are controlled by a ECU with all the switches and DL actuators connected to this. There are switches on the xfer box which tell the ECU what range is selected and the position of the DL actuator (locked or unlocked). Fitting the a dash mounted switch and unplugging the low range switch on the xfer is a common mod on the 80 series to give full manual control of the diff locks. The plug and wiring for the dash switch is already there on the 80 series so it's easy plug and play but rewiring the whole thing for manual control without the DL ECU and associated wiring will take a lot more figuring out. There must be someone somewhere who's done it but you could start with a wiring diagram and work from there. Also try looking/posting on http://forum.ih8mud.com if you haven't already done so as there's lot's of info and knowledge on there.

Back