Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-FT intakeheater price?

benjaminf

Country Flag
finland
Where can I find the intakeheater for a good price ?
Toyota original is expensive but is it the only option ?

Most people in UK just disconnect it and run the engine without it. Also the solenoid switch that the main cable to the heater runs from situated under the RHS battery can fail causing fire so this is disconnected as well. The cables should be well insulated as one is live and HD amperage.

I threw mine away, if I had known there was a market for it I might have kept it.

I threw mine away, if I had known there was a market for it I might have kept it.

It was a bad.

Here in the north it is cold in the winter and I think that here it is needed?
I have not tried it, because I swap from 1hd-t to 1hd-ft.

It was a bad.

Here in the north it is cold in the winter and I think that here it is needed?
I have not tried it, because I swap from 1hd-t to 1hd-ft.

No it was in perfect working order, I fitted a inter cooler conversion and replaced the housing to the inlet manifold, as far as cold goes my truck starts on the first half turn of the engine hot or cold,
I have gone as low as -16 this last Xmas in Hungary and she still started on a touch of the key, no cranking, no heater, no glow plugs.
One day I will have to do a cold start video.

I think it might be for reducing pollution. It comes on on a timer irrespective of outside air temperature.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I still use mine on really cold startups and it does reduce smoke even though it starts first turn without it.

Apparently winter temps often drop to -30 in northern finland. Its the equivalent of the burning diesel soaked rag dad used to make me hold to the intake of the old landy while he cranked it over on a particularly cold winters morning...

Apparently winter temps often drop to -30 in northern finland. Its the equivalent of the burning diesel soaked rag dad used to make me hold to the intake of the old landy while he cranked it over on a particularly cold winters morning...

Probably hoping you would set fire to it, then he could blame you when filling out the insurance claim........whilst patting you on the head as you tucked into the bucket of ice cream he bought you. :icon-biggrin:

regards

Dave

That made me chuckle dave..:icon-biggrin:

You dont really think that was his plan do you?..!:wtf:..

No way, as if a Land Rover owner would blame a youngster for setting fire to his pride and joy, there are plenty out there that would do it for nothing! :icon-biggrin:

Night night.

regards

Dave

quote I got in november 2014
intake heater : 19810-17011 : 142GBP +VAT at All American Imports in Holland

Most people in UK just disconnect it and run the engine without it. Also the solenoid switch that the main cable to the heater runs from situated under the RHS battery can fail causing fire so this is disconnected as well. The cables should be well insulated as one is live and HD amperage.

Eeeeek. Can you point me in the direction of this thing that may destroy my pride and joy ??
I've googled it and is shows a square block after the crossover pipe ..Is this it ?
As far as i remember mine doesnt have one.

You've pasted my quote on where it is. If you follow the heavy cable from the inlet heater it'll trace down to under the RHS battery box. if you take out the battery box you'll see the relay. This is the relay that catches fire and should be disconnected. Then replaced if you need to the heater to operate.

The relay on mine was also toast and was causing a battery drain of around 400ma when not in use due to the burnt and corroded terminals. An OEM replacement part is around £180 from memory (UK price) so i used a motorcycle starter relay for £17 which is approx the same size and well able to handle the current.

Last edited:
My relay burnt out. Made a terrible stench, i thought it was the alternator at first as voltage was dropping. On lifting the bonnet and inadvertently resting my hand on the heater grid housing, which was red hot, i realised the relay had stuck on. Burning itself out and draining the battery.

My relay burnt out. Made a terrible stench, i thought it was the alternator at first as voltage was dropping. On lifting the bonnet and inadvertently resting my hand on the heater grid housing, which was red hot, i realised the relay had stuck on. Burning itself out and draining the battery.

Don't forget the fact you made me loose a days work by ringing me up crying that you needed a jump start lol

Don't forget the fact you made me loose a days work by ringing me up crying that you needed a jump start lol

Im sure you wont let me forget.. anyway, it got you out of the "office".
I wish your memory was as good when it comes to mirrors and rear seats..;)

Back