Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hdft 3" exhaust upgrade

pbgt

Country Flag
ireland
Hi everyone, looking to upgrade my standard exhaust to a 3" stainless if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Might possibly fabricate my own so may be looking for a downpipe with flange.

Cheers

Hi everyone, looking to upgrade my standard exhaust to a 3" stainless if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Might possibly fabricate my own so may be looking for a downpipe with flange.

Cheers
Hello mate,
Gutted to say that i just recently threw away my old standard downpipe and fitted a new one from Roughtrax...
Was sat on the drive for months too, until i got a skip and hoyed it in.

However, if you're ok to wait 3 weeks, (I'm away working atm) i do have a replacement turbo outlet elbow which has the triangular flange.
If helpful, i can measure it up and send you precise dimensions and the profile of the seal ring rebate etc.

If you're anywhere near Killybegs, Mooney Boats have a CNC laser cutter - and i know from personal experience that they're a great bunch of lads - and will profile you out what you need for not a lot or a bit of beer cash.

May not be done while you wait - but it'll be precise.

** also - there's GT Exhausts in Enniskillen, who supply all sizes of high grade thin wall tube, slip on flanges and also offer a bending service if required.

I was going to go with one of those torqit exhausts but I'd have to move the air tank. Guessing I will be making my own as most companies now seem to want £500 to make a side exit

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks so much for the replies. I've sourced a ss 12mm flange for the turbo so just need to adapt to a 3" pipe.

Any ideas?

Hello mate,
Gutted to say that i just recently threw away my old standard downpipe and fitted a new one from Roughtrax...
Was sat on the drive for months too, until i got a skip and hoyed it in.

However, if you're ok to wait 3 weeks, (I'm away working atm) i do have a replacement turbo outlet elbow which has the triangular flange.
If helpful, i can measure it up and send you precise dimensions and the profile of the seal ring rebate etc.

If you're anywhere near Killybegs, Mooney Boats have a CNC laser cutter - and i know from personal experience that they're a great bunch of lads - and will profile you out what you need for not a lot or a bit of beer cash.

May not be done while you wait - but it'll be precise.

** also - there's GT Exhausts in Enniskillen, who supply all sizes of high grade thin wall tube, slip on flanges and also offer a bending service if required.
Thanks lad, I'll check out the guys in Enniskillen for sure

Does anyone have a contact number for Trevor on here who sells the full 3" system?

Cheers

Or search eBay for this…. Believe there are others too

CT26 Downpipe Turbocharger Flange 4 bolt 3" V Band Conversion Adaptor For Toyota

Don’t think Trevor’s still doing them, not sure but will see him at the meet at the weekend no doubt

Has anyone bought the XFORCE 3" system and what's the quality like.
Seems very reasonable

Talking to them at the moment.... it's only 409 stainless so will rust.... I plan on painting it with a couple of coats of high heat paint if I buy one
Cybox do a 304 grade 3 inch system that's good and I know an 80 owner who has one and it fits well and sounds nice and is £990 ....which I think is a bit steep seeing as their 2.5 inch system is £530
I've looked at NBF but they are more expensive and honestly I think well overpriced but just cheaper than importing a named brand with dyno results to confirm performance one from Oz.... no coincidence I feel ;-)

Has anyone bought the XFORCE 3" system and what's the quality like.
Seems very reasonable
Yep - Xforce 3" exhaust cost me 500 ex. vat delivered to the UK, and I am pleased with the end result. The performance difference from the factory exhaust is noticeable - easily the best mod I have done. Quality seems good - although I have no experience with other SS exhausts - presumably more expensive exhausts (Torquit or legendex etc.) are better - but I also can't afford shipping for these! For something that you can buy in the UK, it is certainly worth a closer look. Only been on the car for about 6 months now - perhaps others can provide a longer-term review.

Last edited:
I also can't justify the shipping from Australia. The Legendex and Torquit sound lovely but nearly $500 for postage.

Yep - Xforce 3" exhaust cost me 500 ex. vat delivered to the UK, and I am pleased with the end result. The performance difference from the factory exhaust is noticeable - easily the best mod I have done. Quality seems good - although I have no experience with other SS exhausts - presumably more expensive exhausts (Torquit or legendex etc.) are better - but I also can't afford shipping for these! For something that you can buy in the UK, it is certainly worth a closer look. Only been on the car for about 6 months now - perhaps others can provide a longer-term
Any videos of the exhaust making some noise?

From OFM some pictures of an installed X Force ...... rear section looks a little clumsy and vulnerable...
Preview attachment 20231019_171656_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171708_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171729_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171827_resized.jpg

20231019_171827_resized.jpg
1.3 MB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

20231019_171729_resized.jpg
1.4 MB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

20231019_171708_resized.jpg
1.3 MB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

20231019_171656_resized.jpg
1.4 MB

From OFM some pictures of an installed X Force ...... rear section looks a little clumsy and vulnerable...
Preview attachment 20231019_171656_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171708_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171729_resized.jpg
Preview attachment 20231019_171827_resized.jpg

20231019_171827_resized.jpg
1.3 MB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png

20231019_171729_resized.jpg
1.4 MB

cleardot.gif

icon_1_image_x16.png