Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HDT and 1HDFT similarities?

80 Dan

Hey Guys,

What the differences between these 2 motors?
I understand the 1HDFT (24 valve) came after the 1HDT (12 valve) but was still mechanical injection.

But as far as parts go - what is interchangeable between these 2 motors?

Is the radiator the same for example? Can you use the same starter and alternator?

Or is everything completely different?

Reason I ask, is I just scored a 1HDFT 5 speed manual, and need some extra parts. Not much used 1HDFT parts out there, but there are 1HDT's

Thanks

Yes, you can use the same rad - the difference with the rads relates more to transmission, with autos having the ATF cooler integral with the rad. As yours is a manual, this is not an issue for you - a rad from either engine will be fine.

The injection pumps are different and obviously the heads are different but I believe the blocks are the same.
No reason why the alternator and starter motors should not be interchangeable but chances are Mr T changed them slightly (perhaps just the part no's change). Best way to confirm is to look up the part no's for the 2 engines on Toyodiy ;)

Someone like Karl who pulls these to bits regularly would be in the best position to confirm.

Cheers,

Andrew is right in what he says :thumbup:

I am in contact with dan by email andrew :thumbup:

The starters are the same but the connectors are slightly different, but you can still fit it with minimal mods.

Back