Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HZ Overworked?

Cooke105

G'day everyone,

I'm brand new here so I am sorry if this has been asked and answered in a previous thread. I have a '98 105 Cruiser that has a 1HZ motor with an after market turbo and intercooler. I was towing a 2.5 tonne boat for a good 3.5-4 hours today on a very hilly highway. I have a pyro gauge and I made sure that it never read over 500 for the entire trip. I believe that this is a safe practice and everything should be fine but I am just wondering if I should be worried about anything or get anything checked out. All comments welcome!

Cheers, Cookey.

I have a similar set up. The only guidance I was offered is to ensure you let the vehicle idle for at least 30seconds when you stop before switching off. This allows the turbo oil to cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah I use a turbo timer thats normally set at 1min. I should add that I was up around 400-500 the entire time.

400-500 spanners? Beans? Grains of sand?

celsius?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yeah Celsius. I was told that the problem with turboing the 1HZ is that the insides of the engine start to disintegrate if the combustion temps get to hot. So basically, as long as I keep it under 550 (Degrees Celsius) everything should be fine. My concern is that keeping it up near 500 (degrees Celsius) for such a long time may have damaged my engine.

Back