Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kd d4d EGR blanking

So how far off the mark was i with my guesswork Andy ? have you no pics to share ?

So how far off the mark was i with my guesswork Andy ? have you no pics to share ?
Hi Shayne, I think with mine being an early 1kd (2001) it had less sensors than the latter models. like the EGR vale position sensor That the guy at Ozbush was concerned about, so I'm hoping no warnings light will come up down the line. When I look at all the posts on Oz forums they look nothing like my early model, the EGR cooler on mine is basically a pipe within a pipe,were later models are much more intricate. I could have filed of the sides of the blanking plate were the bolts fit and slid it in just by loosening the cooler, but I was keen to look into the elusive EGR valve and see just how choked up it was. This ment removing inter cooler, one of the Disel return pipes, the power steering reservoir and a few other odds and sods. There was very little crap compared to some you see. I will take some pics on the weekend when I hope to move, block the water pipes. Next project is take of the section of exast were the cat is cut a section out on top side remove all bull shit inside and weld back up save the planet no save my engine yes!!!!!!

I am early d4d too. Is it worth it?
Hi Danny well the part was only a couple of quid and if it stops all the crap entering your engine then yes.
Only time will tell if a warning light comes on and as i don't drive it much this could be a while.I could always remove it again, I recon it will be ok as its an early model.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Danny well the part was only a couple of quid and if it stops all the crap entering your engine then yes.
Only time will tell if a warning light comes on and as i don't drive it much this could be a while.I could always remove it again, I recon it will be ok as its an early model.

Do you have a link to the plate you brought? I might do mine.

Update on EGR blank. Did a 300 miles in France on the weekend all running well.

Hi All, I have just installed a solid EGR blanking plate on my 2014 Fortuner TRD 1KD FTV ( KUN51R) engine. While the car is "worked" by TRD I think that the engine is the same as the 2014 Hilux.
It took 20 minutes for the job. Remove cooler cover 10m & I removed the battery & the fuel sensor plug. 12mm open end spanner to back off the EGR bolt as the dip stick bracket prevents a socket drive & then 3/8 extension drive with 10mm to back off the EGR to head nuts. Screwdriver between water housing & EGR pipe using left hand. Right hand gets Blanking plate vertical & flat to slide upto the top Fwd stud, apply light pressure to the pipe & slide it up & swing anti clockwise to engage the other stud, release pressure on screwdriver. re-tighten everything NB light pressure!
I have a Innova 31703 OBD2 scanner & will do some Air intake & Throttle body cleaning & see what errors come up. At idle there are no dash errors but the OBD scanner is seeing an EGR error but not reporting anything, street testing to TBA. I also have a blanking plate with 7mm hole if needed.
Next I have a catch can & will bolt it to the side of the air cleaner & pipe the PCV to it then to the FWd side of the air cleaner.
more to come
Ed

Back