Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ TE - Head Gasket

Country Flag
chile
Hello all. I have a Land Cruiser Prado 3.0 TD (1998) engine 1 KZ TE
And actually i must to rebuilt the engine, because I detected oil in the circuit of cooling.
I check that engine head, valves are ok.
I buy a engine block (used) + head gasket (used only to compare) . So when disarm the old engine block, , I see that head gasket don't have certain holes. Similarly when I bought the new head gasket, and head gasket used.
And the question is The head gasket prevents water circulation between the engine block and engine head in this engine??
Please help me!!

Diapositiva1.png
Diapositiva2.png

It looks like the head was skimmed not so long ago, it looks too shiny. How long have you owned the vehicle?

Also to check if the head is original by looking at the side above the exhaust manifold it should have a 2 A or B or C in the middle. At the age of your truck it should have that showing. If the number letter isn't there then it could be a copy replacement head.

If the 1kz has been a cooker and run for a while there's a chance that the block isn't flat and in turn would need skimming.. seen that too! Worth checking the block surface.. good luck mate:thumbup:

Iwan_t24 thank you very much for your valuable help ... and I answer for your comments I own the car 8 years ago. The exhuast mainfold have a B.
I tell you something more about this engine, when disarm the old engine block take advantage of checking the engine head, valves, pressure test, surface test, etc. are ok. Only wipe off oil residue, dust for this reasons it looks too shiny.
I assumed that the failure could be associated with the head gasket, so the engine was armed again, but the fault persisted, that is, oil in the water circuit. The mechanics tell me that the block is cracked, so I had to buy a "new" block and the motor will be assembled on it (I will also check the surface of the "new" block)

Post photos of the old engine block, the new one and hopefully this transplant works

Apologies for the thread jack. I have just removed my head from my 98 1KZ-TE and it has cracked in the classic place between the valves on no 3 cylinder and no 4 cylinder. My head is marked 3B, does this suggest it is a later replacement head from Toyota - just curious? Mine did not go above "normal" on the temp gauge. I'm waiting for Roughtrax to reopen as I think it is safer to go for an AMC head and I am able to borrow a golf at the moment (not that I'm driving a huge amount). I've ordered a 76C stat, got a new Aisin water pump and ordered oil for the fan coupling just in case. I'm also going to check my wastegate valve operation as allegedly than can cause the problem. Thanks & stay safe.

Back