PICT0158.jpg

PICT0159.jpg

PICT0162.jpg

PICT0163.jpg

PICT0164.jpg

we then stopped for a BBQ lunch. first BBQ for the year for us both. :cool:

PICT0154.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

then as we were waiting for the charcoal to heat up down came a brand new landrover that the owner had only collected the day before. fair play to him as the lane was extreme in places and he had front and rear wheels coming off the ground at times. :clap:

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0173.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

next we had 10 motorbikes come roaring past.

PICT0180.jpg

PICT0181.jpg

PICT0182.jpg

followed by 3 more who chose to go off piste. :thumbdown:

PICT0183.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

PICT0189.jpg

PICT0191.jpg

PICT0195.jpg

stopped to let a load or landrovers past with one landcruiser in the middle. :)

PICT0197.jpg

PICT0199.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0207.jpg

PICT0211.jpg

PICT0221.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

PICT0237.jpg

PICT0247.jpg

PICT0250.jpg

was a bit muddy but my cruiser made it to the top of the hill without getting delayed. the hi-lux got delayed a few times and used my truck as an anchor and winched his way up. :D

PICT0251.jpg

PICT0254.jpg

PICT0260.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0264.jpg

all in all a great day. :thumbup:

Nice one Ben, looks like you had a great day out :thumbup:

Nice to see those tyres being put to good use too :thumbup:

Nice set of pics. Look like you had a great day out.... I feel the need to go laning again... it's been a while :pray:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great pics ben. Looks like you had a ball. Some of the lanes look familar :thumbup:

Cool pics Ben san - I see no-ones fixed that gate in the puddle on Happy Valley lane yet... :lol:

Cracking pics Ben :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Your trucks looking great from the front with the new bumper & lights :D Now get on with making the rear one :p

I like your m8's toy as well :)

Great pictures Ben.
The last few pictures look more tougher.
Did the Hi Lux struggle because it was light at the rear end?
Or maybe tyres not as good as yours?

G.

thanks guys. :thumbup:

i think the hi-lux struggled a bit due to a combination of things really, but lack of weight over the back end was certainly a contributing factor. i think next time hes going to put 3 or 4 25kg bags of sand in the back and see if that helps. his tow bar didnt help as it kept digging in like an anchor, the length of the wheel base some time hindered him. his tyres are new and have a lot more tread than me, but there only 33"s where as mine are 35"s. he would like a landcruiser but the hi-lux is a lot more practical for him as hes a self employed carpenter/builder.

and to be honest i think part of the fun is not knowing if your always going to be able to get up/over/through everything and getting stuck and having to winch sometimes.

i want more aggressive tyres and front and rear lockers soon, but im not sure if it might loose some of the fun if i can then go pretty much anywhere? :)

A great day out and great pics!!

Don't worry there still are places you can get stuck with 35" and lockers F/R :mrgreen:
Mr hilux could build a removable trailer hitch maybe??

Did that lone landy take the same route? I didn't notice quite as much mudspray on it??

chriscolleman said:
A great day out and great pics!!

Don't worry there still are places you can get stuck with 35" and lockers F/R :mrgreen:
Mr hilux could build a removable trailer hitch maybe??

Did that lone landy take the same route? I didn't notice quite as much mudspray on it??

thanks. :thumbup:

well he has bought another towbar that hes going to cut and re-drill the brackets, so that it doesnt hang down as low. then when he needs it for towing hes going to use a drop plate. :)

we saw the landy on one of the lanes near taly bont, and that was the only lane he had done. the muddy lane was later on when we got further east. :)

Blue said:
Love the pix and your LC too :cool:

thanks. she does seem to photograph well, but i really want to get a back bumper built and fitted and sort out the rust on the rear arches. :thumbup:

Back