Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 slashed tyres

Came home this evening to see my 80 lying a bit lopsided. Got the compressor out only to discover right rear tyre had been slashed. Went for the spare on the back, it too had been slashed...Nice.

With the truck grounded wondered if anyone knew a mobile tyre service for north London. About to trawl the web but recommendations always helpful.

Now off to contemplate the use of a weapon of tyre slasher destruction...

Jeremy

Bastards... why people do this kind of thing I will never understand... Out of interest was it parked on the street or on a drive?

Jeremy L-Jones said:
Came home this evening to see my 80 lying a bit lopsided. Got the compressor out only to discover right rear tyre had been slashed. Went for the spare on the back, it too had been slashed...Nice.

With the truck grounded wondered if anyone knew a mobile tyre service for north London. About to trawl the web but recommendations always helpful.

Jeremy
Try http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ I've used them, good service and reasonable prices :thumbup:

TonyP said:
Bastards... why people do this kind of thing I will never understand... Out of interest was it parked on the street or on a drive?

On the road... single hefty slash in each tyre. Wish I had a drive but they're at something of a premium in north London

Cossack said:
Jeremy L-Jones said:

Jeremy
Try http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ I've used them, good service and reasonable prices :thumbup:

Thanks for this - I'll get on the 'phone in the morning...

Jeremy, their prices are not as cheap as just buying a tyre but it does include fitting and balancing :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Jeremy, their prices are not as cheap as just buying a tyre but it does include fitting and balancing :thumbup:

I'll have to get them done one way or the other - I need two tyres, the surviving rear can become a spare... just mind boggling what goes through someones mind to make them do something like this... :auto-mysterymachine:

Jeremy

I feel your pain man!

I live in North East London (Tottenham to be precise) and I find your post shocking. Now unless I'm missing something and please put me right if I am, something doesn't add up. Were other car tyres slashed in the neighbourhood at the same time as yours or have you just ditched a bunny boiler and she has taken out her revenge on your motor? What gives?

John

The Dark Dude

Dark Dude said:
Jeremy

I feel your pain man!

Its boring... AFAIK, I haven't upset anyone...not cheap to get the mobile tyres guys out but they'll come and do the car on Monday am...earliest they could do...

Jeremy

Jeremy L-Jones said:
[quote="Dark Dude":1js8515h]Jeremy

I feel your pain man!

Its boring... AFAIK, I haven't upset anyone...not cheap to get the mobile tyres guys out but they'll come and do the car on Monday am...earliest they could do...

Jeremy[/quote:1js8515h]
Can't you ring around, see who has got your size in stock.
Then maybe taxi ride ther with one wheel.
Any body local who can "borrow" you an 80 series wheel for a day, so you can go to the tyre garage, and get a better price?

G.

Jez

I note that you're also a photographer which could be another reason why your tyres got slashed. Look, I'm on or near your manor and I'm willing to help IF YOU NEED IT! I'm free this Sunday if you need a taxi service. Send us a PM.

John

The Dark Dude

BTW: I also not that you didn't fully answer my question?????

Thanks for all help and offers... tyres were done this morning as I was away most of the weekend.

I'm a photographer true but don't see why that should make me more likely to have my tyres slashed. I work mostly as a film director/producer so maybe thats it...

Anyway the truck is back on its feet.

Jeremy

Back