Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2013 lc200 vx ttd v8

Dammy

Country Flag
australia
Hi, I want to remove the 3rd row seats. There is lots of opinion about police and insurance turning blind eyes unless they are the cause of an accident. I'm not keen to get a modification plate done. Apart from the cost, I'd need to "undo" if I want to sell...
any pearls of wisdom? Do drawer modifications have the vehicle legally modified?

confused

cheers Dammy

I've had a drawer unit in the back of my 80 for seven years now and it's passed our UK MOT every year, no idea whether the Aus regs would be the same though.

You shouldn't need a modification plate for removing seats or fitting a drawer system!

Modification plates are more to do with big modifications like bodylifts, engine swaps, body chops etc.

My LandCruiser has had the rear seats removed and drawer system fitted and I've registered it as a 2 seater and wasnt asked for an engineers certificate/modification plate. :icon-biggrin:

Hi Dammy I saw this on LCOOL and thought it may be of some help.

8637978004acb3b1d3ceec.jpg

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 am Post subject:

I looked into this and in QLD at least the rule is temporary removal is OK. Temporary is not defined - but I guess you need to be able to replace the seats fairly easily. The Qld Transport document is from 2005 but is still the current link from their website.
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Safety/Vehicle%20standards%20and%20modifications/Vehicle%20standards/Vehicle%20standards%20instructions/VSIL50Permanentandtemporaryremovalofseatsfromlightmotorvehicles.pdf
Not sure about other states.
icon_smile.gif

Back