Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2017 Landcruiser VX VDJ200R Power/Torque Curves

Hugo N

Country Flag
australia
Hi Folks

Can anyone please point me to where I can find the above curves.
I want to use these as best positions for comfort and fuel economy (power/weight ratio).

Also, has anybody any ideas on best gear/revs/speed/power-weight ratio/torque converter no slip range, for towing a large 3T caravan - this would also relate to the above curves. Usually I tow with the electronic power setting on PWR, and not on ECO, as this helps the overall power/weight ratio and driving comfort, but not necessarily the fuel economy.

Thanks for any help provided.
Hugo

I would think you’d need Toyota Technical for that sort of thing Hugo.

If you don’t get anywhere it may be worth bearing in mind that a 3t caravan is going to have serious wind resistance the faster you go. The torque converter will lock up at some point and if you have an overdrive button you can disengage or can select a lower gear the TC may lock up at lower speed. As a ‘real world’ solution it may be worth driving slower but at the same time finding a gear the torque converter locks up on. I would guess the manual would give tips on towing or steep hill climbs that may be of use.
You could also consider adding some sort of air deflector to the cruiser roof or van front as those on the vehicle have proved less effective than expected.

Not much but hope it helps.

Thanks for the prompt interest StarCruiser.
I use an air deflector on the rear of my 200, as I used to do on my previous Pajero which had positive results.
I have found that the best "dash shown" results for fuel consumption, and power engine less labour, and easy travelling, is at 100km/hr in 5th gear at 1800rpm. I have tried other speeds/gears and found that at example 90km/hr (my old Pajero favourite with same van), the revs go up to 2200 with worse consumption, and I cannot release down from there except down a hill. The "manual" side of this transmission is not as manual as I would like it to try out various speed/gear/revs combinations. In the Pajero, the "sweet spot" was where it locked up at 2750rpm or 95km/hr in 4th gear.

I would love to find the "sweet spot" where I know the TC has locked up, the engine is at close to peak power and torque.

Any further thoughts from anybody out there, even with caravan in tow, would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Back