Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

£23,000 for an 80-Series??

MikesVX80

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
OK, it does appear to be in good condition and would have what I call a "nice" spec...but £23,000, really? :wtf: I can't help but think that's a £10k car with £5k's worth of additions, but maybe I'm missing something! Thoughts?!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506244605182?atmobcid=soc3

Don't recognise it as anyone's off here, but if it is I would be interested to see the full spec! :icon-smile:

few days behind everyone else then mike?

Last edited:
Oh don't you bloody start!

Ha ha.

Oh don't you bloody start!

Ha ha.

Haha! I've been through the other thread now and agree with your comments; yes there's £23k's worth of vehicle and stuff there, but no it's probably not worth it collectively second hand!

If it was £15k I'd go buy it to be honest, but as a lot of the stuff isn't essential for me, or not exactly as I'd have it, I'd rather have the flexibility of doing it myself, paying for it gradually and getting what I want!

sure mines worth 30k without any of that bolt on sh1te

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I sold my 110 I found that there was a premium for some people just cos it was ready to go and had the credentials of where it had been. Also a nicely sorted truck does stand out from the billy-bodger hacks. Some of the gubbins on this example are in themselves expensive (sat-phone, roof tent) if you had to buy new, and as others have said, are exactly what you need for your journey. It looks a nicely thought through truck - wouldn't meet my needs as I have most of the ancillary kit and some of the bits wouldn't be any good for my purpose. If the seller is not in any rush then if the right punter turns up with a pocket full of cash them my guess is that he could achieve that.....my own experience proved that. As we know sorting a truck can take years and for some paying a premium of £5k for a truck that has been there and done that on which they can turn the key and go gives them confidence and shortens the time to which they can leave on their journey.

Wow. That's pretty much double what I paid for mine with most of the similar kit on (mine didnt come with a few things like trolley jacks and sat phones...but even so!)

Back