Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3 phase inverter for lift

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hey guys.

Is anyone out there running a 3 phase inverter at home.
I am sick of having to crawl around under the cruiser when doing various tasks and am putting serious consideration into buying a proper garage lift but I am pretty sure most of them are 3Ph 400v and I dont have that at home. other option would be a hydrolic one but they seem to be more pricey and I dont think my poor little bostich comp would be up to the job.

Any other thoughts guys???

Chris

are you sure you have a Cruiser and a L Rover given the consideration your having

Thats a good point actually. Its not that things break its more that I like to tinker. not just on the cruiser but the wifes mx5 as well. I am a big lad and struggle getting under on axle stands and cant even get the jack under the wifes. Its more that we both love our motors and I enjoy preserving them, just think it would be more enjoyable not having to do it flat on my back.

liking the 2t had my cruiser on the weighbridge the other day 1800kg empty would rather have something with a little more breathing room. looked at the other and only lifts 1m so neither use nor orniment.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Machine Mart have them. Seen a Clarke one for £330.

I'd love a lift but it might look a bit odd in my driveway...

if i had space id have bought one ages ago!

you can get decent second hand 2 post lifts for less than £500 on ebay.

ive often thought it would be great if it was outside maybe with just a roof over the top, would make jet washing the underside of the truck so easy after a day off road. :thumbup:

another idea i had was to make 2 ramps out of concrete, maybe 6ft high. then just drive up on to them.

would be very easy to make the shutter (mould) out of ply, and then just get a load of ready mixed concrete poured in! :)

Just dig a pit in your garage, and cover with movable grate. Simples.

Ryan Thomson said:
Machine Mart have them. Seen a Clarke one for £330.

I'd love a lift but it might look a bit odd in my driveway...

Where I cant find it please post a link
fridayman said:
Just dig a pit in your garage, and cover with movable grate. Simples.

Had a pit. we are pretty low lying here and there was always a foot of water in the bottom, I always had to pump it out before I used it. Plus the fact it is just such a PITA having to clamber your way out whenever you realise you need another tool. Not so bad with the LC but the wifes MX5 is about 3 inches off the ground and there is no way I am sliding out of that sort of gap.

A pit is ok but I find mine as annoying as it is useful!

There are single phase 3tonne four post Ramps available (my brother bought one a few years ago)

240v 1ph to 400v 3ph inverters are a bit weird and all the ones I've looked at are cheap and nasty

Lots of small 3ph motors can be configured to run on 240v 3ph and inverters for 1ph to 3ph 240v are 'normal' used in industry and very reliable

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I have managed to get hold of a 240v one from a guy near me.

Back