Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

30mm x 50mm x 200mm solid bar

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'm looking at making a recovery hitch, and was wondering if anyone had a piece of solid metal bar, mild steel in the following dimensions, 30x50x200mm. Cheers all :)[/FONT]

Looking at my tables, 30 x 50 isn't a stock size. There isn't even a way to weld two pieces together to that that size. 50x50 would need a lot of milling to get it down.

Not saying there isn't a piece out there but it might take some finding.

I can burn a piece out of a plate ,and drill holes if you want then send it :icon-biggrin:

I can burn a piece out of a plate ,and drill holes if you want then send it :icon-biggrin:

How much would that set me back Pete? :p It sounds like you know exactly what this is for :). I will double check dimensions tomorrow :)

do a good drawing for me please -money not important--:icon-biggrin: friendship is ,maybe £10 to cover p+p

Ref Pete`s last post, fantastic !! As a relative newbie on here I am amazed at the comradeship and help available on here, - this is a real club.

Regards, John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
do a good drawing for me please -money not important--:icon-biggrin: friendship is ,maybe £10 to cover p+p

Fantastic Pete! I'll do that and if you ever need anything from someone in Essex give me a shout!

Here's the drawing Pete, thank you ever so much and if you need anything just give me a shout! electrical diagram drawing made up or anything let me know :D I'll add a bit extra so you can buy a pint too!

hitch_zps5c0ae502.png

just incase its not very clear, 22.5mm from the centre of the left hole to the edge of the block ( 15mm from the edge of the hole) and right hand side is 26mm from the edge of the block to the centre of the large hole( or 15mm to the edge of the hole) you could go 20mm instead of 15mm. cheers :)

yeah, your post gave me the inspiration to look at making a rear recovery point for my LC! Incidentally I have a swampy too! if you ever need a hand with anything I'm only in boreham, chelmsford.

Last edited:
job done and ready to send Jbecks :thumbup: -p m me with your address and il get it away with carrier asap

20140103_222649_zps3287e635.jpg

OMG :icon-exclaim: That is beautiful, just needs a coat of lacquer :)

yeah it sure is! you do not know how thankful I am for this Pete!!! :D PM was sent :D

:text-imsorry: But this post is worthless without :banana-gotpics:

Ill take some pictures after I have fixed my land rover! :D Im going to buy a sticker for my land cruiser from ebay saying " Toyota Land Cruiser, the offical recovery vehicle for Land Rover" :D

Back