Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 Snorkel Template

Bobby

Country Flag
honduras
Does anyone have a template i could use to install a snorkel for my 40? or maybe just some advice because it didnt come with any instructions. guess i should have bought Safari....

Hi Bobby and welcome,

Seeing as every manufacturer's product is slightly different I think your best option is to make your own template.
I suggest art paper or brown paper (bigger sheets available and more flexible). You should be able to create a template from the snorkel based on the locating fixings and inlet shape (don't forget the upper locating bits) and then offer it up to the snorkel (just to ensure that you have it right). When you are happy with it then tape it in place on your 40...

Hope that helps

Regards,

Rodger

That’s what I’ll end up doing shouldn’t be too bad. Thanks for your reply you’ve been a big help. Did you ever end up mounting your high lift jack?

Regarding the hi lift, I have ended up putting thick pipe foam round the top and mounting it along the floor, under the edge of one of the side mounted rear seats and onto the fuel tank cover. It just clears the tailgate, sits snugly against the seat frame and is secured to that and the roll bar base. Release three Velcro straps and out it slides so, at the moment, I've shelved the plans for mounting from the door hinge and I never got a reply from the guy in Oz.
Did you get you hi-lift mount sorted?

Regards,

Rodger

Not yet but I just got back in Honduras so I’ll probably have something fabbed possibly welding a long bolt to the windshield hinge and secure it down on the running board. Next week I hope to have it done. Cheap labor down here!

Back