Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40k service and MOT ...

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Off to Border Toyota today - they picked up the 120 at 08:00 precisely as promised. Full 40k service done (only done 37580 miles in 5 years :)

MOT returned 2 advisories - a loose rear foglight and cuts on the Coopers - well, what do you expect - this vehicle actually goes off-road. Still have 12mm tread depth after 2 years and about 15k miles, so I'm very happy with the STTs.

Needless to say, very chuffed. Has to go back on Friday to get the aircon magnetic clutch swapped out - again :-(

Re: 40ksevice and MOT ...

Lucky you. I've done that mileage in 18 months in mine! Have you still warranty cover for mag clutch? :?:

Yep. But interestingly enough their prices aren't bad. £70 for fully synthetic motor oil, £20 for both front and rear diff oil. Oil air and fuel filters replaced too. So all it cost me over doing it myself was an ok labour charge. And it has to have an MOT anyway so they should pick up and fix any faults prior to the MOT guys finding them ... :doh:

Gary Stockton said:
Yep. But interestingly enough their prices aren't bad. £70 for fully synthetic motor oil, £20 for both front and rear diff oil. Oil air and fuel filters replaced too. So all it cost me over doing it myself was an ok labour charge. And it has to have an MOT anyway so they should pick up and fix any faults prior to the MOT guys finding them ... :doh:

Did I read that correct? £70 for a service? At that price I would not even bother doing it myself!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah ok, that makes more sense now.... was worried I was getting ripped of by my local Toyo stealer for servicing..... having said that I am on a monthly pay plan thing so come service time it does not hurt as much!

Back