Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

53 Amazon TD 4.2 diesel advice pls

Anthony

I have seen and are very tempted by a 53 reg Amazon TD 4.2 diesel with 92k miles on it, one owner, it appears to be in very good condition, apparently has a regular service history and has had all belts changed.

I would welcome all comments, is this likley to be a reliable vehicle, what are owners experience, what are the likley service items now it has got to the mileage, all guidance help and comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks for all help with this.

Here is another good member here looking at similar vehicles.

To say he knows 100 series Land Cruisers would be an understatement.
He probably knows all the things to look for when buying.

Here is his current thread Here

I am sure you can pick up some buying information here.

Gra.

Anthony

Happy to help out if I can, I am in the same boat as you only I am selling an 03 and looking for an 04.

Are you able to post the advert for the car which may help and somewhere I have posted a long list f things to check.

Where about are you based as happy to take a look if you want.

Many thanks for the kind offer warrenpfo, however I am well away from your location, so would be happy with all information from you on line, if there is anyone close at hand I would always welcome their help. The car is on sale in a town (Milnathort some 35 miles north of Edinburgh).

I saw the car when I passed the garage, it had just been put on sale and as a result the advert has not yet been published. I have asked for a copy of it, and expect to have it early next week. I will let you have it as soon as I get it.

If you can point me in the direction of your buying tips list that would be great. Thanks again.

Is there a significant difference between 03 and 04. I note that warrenpfo you are changing one for another.

Apart from a reverse camera, bluetooth and the biggest diffenerce being the 4spd box vs the 3spd box of the 03.

Go and drive an 04 or later and you will see the difference. To me its vast as the gear changes of the 03 are somewhat spaced out but the 04 is nice and smooth and a little bit more economical.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The major difference when it comes to gearshift, between the 4-speed box up to 7/2003 production and the 5-speed from 8/2003, is the way the engine and gearbox are controlled; well, in addition to the box itself beeing smoother.
The earlier model has one ECU each for engine and gearbox, and they send e-mails back and forth about their proceedings, so things take some time. The newer one has one engine and gearbox ECU, and a few differences in the injection pump and other engine details. This results in much smoother gearshifts and a greatly improved response.

The petrol version (and the diesel in oz) had the 5-sp from 8/2002.

The other major differences are in the number of airbags and in the controls for the hvac.

Anthony said:
Many thanks for the kind offer warrenpfo, however I am well away from your location,
Hi Anthony,

Some thing missing in your profile?
[attachment=0:2lw3awk7]location missing.jpg[/attachment:2lw3awk7]
Helps others know better how we can hep you.

Gra

Attachments

• location missing.jpg
    location missing.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 242
Graham, Many thanks for pointing the ommision of my location, a total oversight on my part, corrected now.
I have the address of the web site for the garage that is selling the car, it is thevillagecars.co.uk I drove it this morning and notice the mileage is not as advertisied it is 97k, the car felt fine but once on uneven roads had a bit of a bounce in it, I suspect that it is not without suspension issues of some sort.

Would be interested to know if anyone has already been to see it and hear their verdict.

Don't hesitate I have two one a 1998 with 125,000 miles on the clock and another a 2002 with 80,000 miles they are totally reliable

Graham, Many thanks for pointing the ommision of my location, a total oversight on my part, corrected now.
I have the address of the web site for the garage that is selling the car, it is thevillagecars.co.uk I drove it this morning and notice the mileage is not as advertisied it is 97k, the car felt fine but once on uneven roads had a bit of a bounce in it, I suspect that it is not without suspension issues of some sort.

Would be interested to know if anyone has already been to see it and hear their verdict.
Hi Anthony,

I have just looked on their website village cars and it doesn't seem to be listed?

Gra.

Back