Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Oil filter removal tool

Yes, the other tools are a lot cheaper and they are also adaptable to various filter diameters. The Toyota tool is specific to a certain design and size and may not fit other manufactures filters.

The chain type, which I have used for many years both for business and private use, is simple and reliable. I have also used the Toyota type and found it to be not as reliable as the design leads to deformation, especially if damaged.

You have made your choice and I hope it works well for many years but you can't claim that it is the ultimate answer until you have tried all the others.

Roger

No one said anything about a requirement to be compatible with other manufacturer's filters, Roger.
Although yes I agree it's handy to have one tool instead of many. But again I can't see the chain type tool working on modern oil filter housings, with plastic caps, needing 32/36mm sockets, e.g. Golf V 2.0TDi, and Vauxhall Zafira 2.0DTi. Happy to be corrected...

Did you use the Toyota filter tool or a copy? The Toyota tool isn't going to bend anytime soon.
It is made of much thicker material than the other non branded black oil filter cap tools that I have.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify the price to myself! ;)
It's good to have the opinion of someone more experienced, like yourself.

IQ

No one said anything about a requirement to be compatible with other manufacturer's filters, Roger.
Although yes I agree it's handy to have one tool instead of many. But again I can't see the chain type tool working on modern oil filter housings, with plastic caps, needing 32/36mm sockets, e.g. Golf V 2.0TDi, and Vauxhall Zafira 2.0DTi. Happy to be corrected...

Did you use the Toyota filter tool or a copy? The Toyota tool isn't going to bend anytime soon.
It is made of much thicker material than the other non branded black oil filter cap tools that I have.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify the price to myself! ;)
It's good to have the opinion of someone more experienced, like yourself.

IQ

I am trying to help you by pointing out all the variables with the various filter removal tools. I have no knowledge of the motors you mention but I will assume that the Toyota tool will be useless whereas the chain type might work.

Frankly, I don't give a damn.

Roger

Simon has been lurking here. Says he has these tools for £20 if you wanted.

He's too shy to come say hi though..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back