Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil Filter

I think the IN is the bottom (black) and the OUT is the top (white). Just replaced it on mine too after learning in another thread what it was - MAP Filter. I think it stops shite reaching the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure?) sensor and giving false readings - so I can see that it could cause the ECU to make bad decisions.

When I replaced mine, there had been a bit of oil leaking from it so cleaned it all up and put a new one in. Old one probably 16 years old, doubt anyone else has ever changed it!

Yep, it's black oil shite coming from the egr that drops out of it, can clog it up, and the sensor then doesn't get an accurate gas reading to pass on to ecu as Karl says.

That's a bit cheaper than Toyota Shayne.... However my Araldite repair seems to have worked for Now... Thanks for the Link

Why the araldite Higgy, did you cut it open to clean the bit of 'felt' (filter) in there ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Decided to do the 5,000 mile oil change on the 80, Any how i found an oil filter in the Shed, Its a Alco SP-993 24x 1.5 thread... Looks like a Landcruiser filter ... But trying to cross reference the Number doesn't come up with Much.... But cant think why i would have it, Unless it was for the 120 or the Colorado... Looking up thread size for the 80 Diesel comes back with 24x1.5 or 18x 1.5..... But i cant remember which in the Past.... Enlighten me someone Please...... :confusion-shrug: ...... Shame to drop the oil to find the Filter wont Fit
I wouldn't use that filter. The original filter for the 1HD engine has no equal. There are a few threads on the issue around the world, and the result of the dissections and tests are that other filters lack some of the features of the original. Generally, other filters don't have two filter elements and both a by-pass and a check valve.
6792115659_d59749c7f6_b.jpg

Thanks for the Advise uHu But its on Now... Iv googled the Product and found No Bad Press, And it does have the By-Pass Check Valve..... Il do what i always do with an Engine with 335,000 on the Clock.... "Drive with 'me' fingers Crossed :wtf:

Reactions: uHu
Hahahaha ! You're kidding, right ? Did you read the relavent posts and see pics ?
Here's a clue, the last word is Hammer. lol.

Back