Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series - 1993 4.2 TD VX - looks in good nick for age and 200k miles

Oh yes. Let's hear. I couldn't possibly say. La la laaa laa la.

Oh do tell. :thumbup:

Well done :thumbup:

Look forward to some pics....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well done Danny, looks a nice truck :cool:

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!.

I was intent on finding one, and the ad had only been live for 5mins, called and agreed a price, the chap said he was good to his word and would hold it for me until we got there New Years day, even if the bidding went over agreed price...that does not happen much anymore, so things were sounding right...so after a few online checks (DVLA M.O.T history check, H.P.I etc) deal was made, organised and toast the new year in!.

True to his word we drove down (530 miles round trip & 9.5hrs as weather was bad, heavy rain for 95% of all the journey!) and after me laying under the chassis getting soaked on a old fitness mat with a LED torch, A few pokes here and pry bar there, test drive, electrics test and all the rest the deal was done!. (After quick mid-deal call to Chris lol).

So, there we have it.....we was both very tired (Girlfriend had to follow me back, and a LC does throw up some spray!, she did an awesome job as not used to the Motorways, some major flooding on the M42, saw a few cars that had span off the road and recovery trucks and ambulances/cops everywhere!, so thanks babe!, you did well.) so that's why there's not a thread up yet all about it, but there soon will be.

Looking forward to it all.....there's a list forming already of bits I will need/like, will post in the wanted ads.

Must get the stuck-on dash lights off, read it sometimes is the plug on the rear of the Alt, but had that off and all clean, but did a clean anyways but no joy, all charging fine, no under or over charging so not sure right now.

Cheers for now.

Danny.

Back