Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series 4.5 P Reg value

essexpete

Country Flag
uk
Friend has a reasonably sound petrol that is redundant. They took it out to France with a trailer earlier this year when they emigrated. Problem is it was an import and not new in EU. French have been difficult in re-registering, effectively requiring removal of tow bar and 3rd row of seats after parting with 4k eruo. Problem is now out of Mot uk and not Reg in France.
Is it worth repatriation to UK? It is quite scruffy but sound and usable.

Worth getting back here as it's worth little in France unless in bit's .
Depends how far down in France it is and if the truculent difficult French will let you out with it.... does he have EU breakdown cover ? It could "breakdown" on his way back to the UK just a few miles from home ;-)

If you got it back what would you do with it? They are minty to run with fuel being the price it is.

I would not do anything with it, I don't want it. I was asking on behalf of a friend. It is questionable whether or not it is viable to get back to the UK. It is a guzzling old thing but has been reliable.

If it has lockers that work (or is even fitted with them), a good auto box , and tidy enough interior then it's worth a fair bit to break surly....?
If he leaves it in France will they just scrap it ?

Update. English guy has bought it in France to take back to UK apparently. Really only got scrap money but for my old customer it was hassle free.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
"Having had a pampered life in the south of France ..."

Back