Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series alarm Keyless Entry Help

Guys I've finally settled on getting an cat 1 alarm just not sure which one yet that seems a better way forward adding more protection with aiding to open & close using a fob.

Seen this one on ebay below looks a great deal and does pretty much everything I need. What do you think guys would appreciate your opinion and experience.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thatcham-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks

That can’t be a bad decision Dervis, clean sweep, complete install.

Funny, in the 12 years of ownership of my 80 here, I’ve never ever had it tampered with, and most times at the house, it sits with the keys in the ignition all weekend...

Famous last words maybe.... but

That can’t be a bad decision Dervis, clean sweep, complete install.

Funny, in the 12 years of ownership of my 80 here, I’ve never ever had it tampered with, and most times at the house, it sits with the keys in the ignition all weekend...

Famous last words maybe.... but

Yes I agree Clive being the same too but times are changing here. I ask for an alarm here and they don't sell them as no one buys them....lol

Only old school central locking systems but investing so much time & money into this vehicle the insurance wouldn't even touch with a barge pole to pay if something was to happen.

With the rarity of these vehicles especially the good ones Clive its worth protecting your investment and livelihood I think. £100 fitted is a small price to pay for security.

Ha ha, we’ve got bumpy roads too, and I’ve got this lot jangling off my key...

View attachment 140192

Must admit though, when Offroad, i do take the domestic keys off the main ring with that clip thingy.

Now I notice two other buttons on the fob, no idea what they’re supposed to do. I think the star one just flashes the hazards, to find the truck in the supermarket car park.

As if I need that, the truck stands head and shoulders over all the cars anyway... :lol:

Bloomin 'eck! Are you a prison guard, Clive?

Other two buttons are boot opener and an aux you can use for just about anything... light flash, dome/puddle lights (needs a relay but nice touch on winter evenings), pre-heater or even engine start, I believe.

I had a factory alarm but no fobs. So all I needed to do was fit a remote actuator to the drivers door lock.

I opted for a Viper kit - partly because the have a small fob that minimises the jangling, but also the control unit has a relay built in that activates the dome light for 2 mins when I unlock or turn off the ignition.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back