Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series front/rear Ironman +50m B coils and rear N71E OME shocks for sale

Rob

Garage
Will be changing my suspension to Old Man Emu coils with Nitrocharger Sport shocks as one of the front shocks is weeping (see here for more info). The rear coils and shocks are in great condition, all the powder coating is still on the springs. The powder coating on the front coils is peeling but this is normal for any Ironman suspension. Ideally you will need a set of front shocks which I have been told are about £100 from West Coast 4x4 so if you are after a 2" lift for green lanning etc then this is the kit for you. I would not recommend this kit if you have a heavy 80 used for overlanding.

Front: +50mm Ironman B (+50kg) coils (fitted with N70 Old Man Emu soft dampers but one is leaking)
Rear: +50mm Ironman B (+200kg) coils and N71E Old Man Emu soft dampers

The kit is still on my 80 at the moment but it should be off before Lincomb. The coils have done about 25k miles however I do not know how many miles the shocks have done. The suspension flexes really well so will be great for off roading:

Will let it go for £175 with or without the front shocks, will be available to collect from Lincomb/Bristol/Malmesbury or can courier at extra cost.

Last edited:
This is the best pic I can find of the rear coils, taken at Lincomb in May this year:
DSC00114.JPG

Right, so the suspension is off the truck and the front shocks are toast. Rear shocks are serviceable but well used, may need new bottom bushes. I have decided to post pics of them as they are so you know what condition they are in. I have also decided to split the kit up into coils and rear shocks to be sold separately.

Rear coils are in great condition, oddly look heftier than the OME 863s. The powder coating is pealing on the front coils with surface rust only.

Coils: £130
Rear shocks: offers

Obviously I am not selling the brand new parts, nor am I selling the top shock mount.

20120929_182250.jpg

20120930_120343.jpg

Front compared with new OME 850s (please note the 850s are rated for more load which may account for the difference in height)
20120928_143424.jpg

Rear compared with new OME 863, the Ironman seems to be larger diameter wire and more turns.
20120929_181858.jpg

Last edited:
Back