Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series - late 1997 "R" 4.2TD 24v VX - £10k

There have been a few apparently "top end" 80's about lately. I'd like to think it is £10k good. An examination underneath would prove it to be so one way or another. At only 15 years old the tin worm may have taken hold anyway. Anyone around to give it a view?

Andy

Outwardly it looks very good indeed. But to get close to that figure it would have to be perfect. I don't mean mint - it's 15 years old so it will have certain wear on it. But every single thing must work and there be no rust anywhere. No shopping trolley dings, not self tappers in the mud flaps, no rust under the rear quarter, sills or tailgate. All the keys, working alarm, sealed sunroof, matching batteries yadda yadda. Not so much as an odd tyre or bald spare. And even then, it's still a lot of cash.

My silver once came from Slough.

This one went through the SMA (or was it manheim) auction in Birmingham a week last Tuesday. It was listed as from Inchcape so I assume main-dealer px so could very well be a well looked-after good one.

Understandably the auction house won't give out sales figures but i would very much like to know the hammer price. Wish i had spotted the auction listing sooner than the morning of the sale and I would then be able to join the forum proper and not from the driving seat of my hilux...

I would guess £4-4.5k in the scheme of things. there aren't a lot of dealers interested in the old/oddball stuff.

Andy

Back