Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series rear bumper and step thing on the top of it!!!

Ecky Thump

Garage
My missus was driving back from Derbyshire this evening and had to come to a sudden halt on the M25 in lane five.
The old fella in the Prius behind her decided to use the Cruiser's rear bumper instead of his brakes.

So now I need a rear bumper and step for her cruiser. I may also need the plastic end caps but have only looked at it all in the dark with a torch.

I know what you are thinking, why not claim on insurance? Well my missus felt sorry for the old guy with his medals on after being in London for the remembrance service. He said that he would like to foot the bill for the repair of her car rather than use his insurance company.
Okay, fair point, I'll run with that for the time being and try to keep the costs right down unless he starts to act the Ned.

So, how yer fixed folks :?: Karl :?: Steff :?: Anyone :?:

How much do you think the parts are worth, could sell all the bits off mine and buy a steel bumper. :whistle:

Could even deliver

Is it the alloy bit you want? If so I will have a look to see if I still have mine, when I am home at the weekend. I might even get it quite near to you as long as you can meet me.

Paul

OT - Does the wife-mobile not have a towbar?
Hopefully the cross-member is all ok - glad no-one was hurt!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You know the 'bumper' is a welded on cross member and only a removable part with the aid of a cutting device? The top step plate and plastic end caps are all removable though.

Les, Karl Wester has all the disposable parts you need - I gave him a full set a couple of weeks back... :doh:

If the x-member is damaged :o

Hi les. Not a good finish to the day for you then. Least no major problems. Bumps on the motorway can end up very messy. I will have everything you need if you want to buzz me tomoz. As jon said though, the black part is actually the chasie. I will have that part as well that you could get someone to fab on if needed. Thanks karl 07968389167

And gav, you gave me them did you?? Felt like you ripped my eyes out :lol:

I wasn't aware the bumper is welded on. I have asked Greg if he will do the work as he is just down the road.

Paul H, I may give you a shout about the ally bit but will try and get all the bits in one hit first.

I'll ring you later Karl!

Sadly Andrew there was no towbar to save the day. I don't think it was a particulary bad or speedy hit as there doesn't appear to be too much in the way of damage. Just look silly with a Prius shaped dent in the bumper :lol:

Cheers for the replies and concern guys :thumbup:

Tommo&Claire said:
How's mother-in-law?

Came in all calm and started to shake whilst she was telling me about it. I may have made a bit of an error when my first question was ''how is the car?'' :oops:
She's fine, first time she has had to deal with anything like that, so a bit shook up.

Ecky Thump said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":3kag1ycl]How's mother-in-law?

Came in all calm and started to shake whilst she was telling me about it. I may have made a bit of an error when my first question was ''how is the car?'' :oops:
She's fine, first time she has had to deal with anything like that, so a bit shook up.[/quote:3kag1ycl]

You drive her to the shops again??

Crispin said:
You drive her to the shops again??
Ha Ha Ha, This is the woman who falls asleep on the back of a Fireblade doing over a ton.....sorry I mean going quite fast :lol:

Seen Greg today and now have a price for the old fella. Fingers crossed he goes for it as the insurance company route may be a bit torturous with the motor being so old. :pray:

Ecky Thump said:
I wasn't aware the bumper is welded on.

Ecky, It's not so much welded on as the the centre section beneath the ally step plate is the rear cross-member (it's where some of the tow hitch mount bolt on). The two plastic bits are just plastic dressing over a couple of tin plate brackets.

Gav has led the way if there is too much damage to the X-member!

Glad all are OK

Dave

Dave Burgess said:
Gav has led the way if there is too much damage to the X-member!
LMAO!!!

But yes, its a fairly superfluous bit of tin really :cool:

Back