Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series VX

RL12

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi All,
Some of you may have seen my 'wanted' post for a 90 series recently, and I'm happy to say that I've finally found one!

This gives me 1.5 landcruiser's, as the other 0.5 is a road legal combination of 70 series Landcruiser and Daihatsu Fourtrak, but the plan is to take this off the road and tow it on a trailer to offroad sites with this one.

I'm also thinking of using it to do a bit of travelling around Europe, so I might kit it out with a false floor and fridge etc. Depending on how things go.

For now though I can't see much wrong with it so the plan is to service it, run it and then touch-up a few cosmetic bits as well as underseal it.

spec is 2001 D4D 3.0 auto VX 165k miles and I'm looking forward to using the heated seats in the winter!

image_zpsrzxkwhjy.jpe

Richard

Hi Richard,nice looking motor buddy and can't beat heated seats in the winter.

Hi Richard, must be a fine chap with a name like that. Congratulations on your purchase. Looks really nice that in silver. Looking forward to more photos and possibly a build thread on the conversion.

Best wishes

Richard

Decent looking truck there Richard. Silver is the best factory colour for a 95(I am biased I know) but it's much more modern looking than the two tone colours. At that mileage it's good for a long while yet too.

Not too pushed on heated seats, but I would like if they came with cruise control, but alas!

Best of luck with it

Nice looking new ride......congratulations Richard. May it take you on adventures full of fun ;)

Decent looking truck there Richard. Silver is the best factory colour for a 95(I am biased I know) but it's much more modern looking than the two tone colours. At that mileage it's good for a long while yet too.

Not too pushed on heated seats, but I would like if they came with cruise control, but alas!

Best of luck with it
If you really wanted cruise control, there are bolt on kits available. I fitted an old Sears one to a Mk1 Shogun I had. Worked very well. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great stuff Richard, the solid colour 90/95's look more contemporary than the two tone which look a little dated. The lack of cruise control is a niggle but I've learned to live with it. The alternative ( a 120) is a lot more money for not a lot more truck with cruise control.

Lovely truck, welcome to the forum Richard :thumbup:

Edit: silly me, new truck, not new member :doh:sorry...​

Hi Richard
Has your prado got a factory fitted diff lock
My 2001 model came with a LSD system (in switzerland)

Plume

Back