Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

95 on the Bay

David

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just found this nonmover on the bay here's the guys description

TOYOTA LAND CRUISER IN SILVER ,1999, V PLATE ,AUTOMATIC,VERY CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT ,ON DENTS OR MAJOR SCRATCHES, RECENT NEW TYRES , RECENT NEW EXHAUST , NEVER BEEN OFF ROAD , 10 STACK CD PLAYER , AIR CON , REAR PASSANGER HEATERS , ELEC WINDOWS , REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING ,CLOTH INTERIOR,WALNUT DASH , BEEN WELL LOOKED AFTER OVER THE YEARS .HAS JUST DEVELOPED A FAULT - THE VEHICLE STARTS AND DRIVE AS NORMAL HOWEVER WHEN THE ENGINE HAS WARMED UP IT LOSES ITS DRIVE , FORWARDS AND REVERSE , NOT SURE WHAT HAS HAPPEND , DID NOTICE THAT WHEN THIS THIS HAPPENS IF YOU PUT IT BACK INTO PARK TURN IT OFF FOR 20 SECS OR SO START IT BACK UP THE DRIVE SEEMS TO ENGAGE AGAIN FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS ???. ALL TO MUCH FOR ME AS IM NO MACANIC , IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT TO TOYOTA AS THEY CHARGE THE EARTH, SO IM SELLING THIS AS A NON RUNNER BUT IT DOES START AND DRIVE FOR A PERIOD . POSSIBLY A GOOD BUY TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT 4+4s,ANY ?
its sitting at just under 600 note's at the moment, anyone have any ideas what maybe wrong with it
cheers David

Could be some thing as simple as an oil change to the auto box?

Gra.

or it may be totally fubbard'

Here's the question whats it worth then

IMO looks like another radiator failure - causes the coolant to contaminate the ATF/ auto transmission and eventually causes gearbox failure. This seems to be occurring with alarming frequency these days as the Colorados get to a certain age. :-(

The gearbox can be overhauled/reconditioned for around £1200, so if the rest if the car is good, then it may be worth a punt if you don't mind the hassle of sorting it out yourself. Let's say you can pick it up for £1k, then another £1.5k for gearbox and sundries, then you've got yourself a Colorado for £2.5k - that's not bad.

P.S. Having said all that, I doubt it will sell for £1k - I reckon it will reach more like £1800-£2000.

Last edited:
It doe's look a tidy car tbh. other 95's I have looked at with full Toyota S/H have had the rad's changed around 90K

Go and have a look at it.
Give the auto box pipes a gentle tug, as they enter the bottom of the main radiator.
Looking on the dipstick whats the colour of the engine coolant?
Looking on the dipstick whats the colour of the auto box oil. ?

Got to be worth a look for the price of your transport costs.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seems the seller ended the auction early - was it snapped up by anyone here?

I think that was the one that was being discussed on the other site. Sounds like low fluid level to me and I had advised him of same just before he pulled it.

Wondered where it went :icon-biggrin:

Back