Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A car for my daughter; not a landcruioser though...

HauptRenate

Any of you Cruiserheads know of anyone who is selling their Peugeot 206? I know this is not strictly Cruiser-related (well, not related at all) and anyway, who would own a Peugeot if they had a Cruiser? :o but she's after one anyway; she'll be a mum in July and wants a reliable car (I wanted a Peugeot too, but settled for a Honda sports hatchback (5 door, white, of course!) than bought l'Beast...
Hit me off-list (PM me) if you want; she needs to save up to buy one, but she will pay a good price for a FSH and one 'in good nick'.
Cheers
Renate

Can you narrow it down a bit? Does she want petrol or diesel, hatchback or estate? What sort of age \ budget?

Ian

I put 110k miles on a 206, and it was in pretty good condition when I sold it. It just did not have ANY road presence at all, and used to do my head in when people cut me up all the time. Don't have that problem with the Cruiser :)

Hi y'all
Daughter is expecting a little 'un in July so wants a decent size one (a car not baby) - I'm tryng to interest her in a Landcruiser II or similar; shortwheel base would be good for her as she does mobile hair styling and wants to go off road sometimes (for her job, but also 'cos her mum does it...), so I said it wouldn't be suitable to get a peugeot, but she says, it would be okay for a bit, so I'm thinking estate maybe? so she can fit prams and all that baby stuff in. Diesel would be good.
She has said that she will pay up to a grand (which I thought was rather a lot) for a decent one, with FSH, MOT etc. for this price I'd expect a bl***y good one. Am I right in thinking this? (having no idea of second hand peugeot prices)
And I might be moving to Anglesey or deepest darkest Devon so she wants to come and see me, and stay with me, so a reliable one would be good. She's 23 and this would be her third car already... she has to go easy on the insurance premiums though.
When I first began looking for a car to buy I thought a peugeot would be good; I came out of the Honda showroom with a brand spanking new sporty shiny white honda hot hatch (with 5 doors), closely followed by a landcruiser (within a year of buying the honda I was out looking for another white one, so came back from a Wales trip in da Beast) I still think she should reconisder and buy a Toyo II series instead...
As a young driver her insurance is quite high, she hasn't trashed any cars yet, but her instructor suggested she consider only buying a 1.4 litre maximum; she has about three years no claims.
Any suggesions would be helpful.
Cheers, Guys and gals
R

Back