Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A friend for Nala : Ruby

dyladams said:
dyladams said:
Dont know if its just me.... but I can't see any images! Tried on the PC and phone with the same result!?

OOPS.... it appears that I Can see the pictures now. :roll:

Looks pretty sweet Matt. Must be quiet a lucky man to have 2 Land Cruisers!! :mrgreen:

If memory serves me well.... I thought that you also organised a Colorado for a friend??

Enjoy the new Toy!! :dance:

That's right Dylan, I have 2 (a mate's 90 and my new 80) in my garage at home and an 80 we did the big trip in in Cape Town. International family 'O Landcruisers it is..

Matt Wright said:
dyladams said:
dyladams said:
Dont know if its just me.... but I can't see any images! Tried on the PC and phone with the same result!?
OOPS.... it appears that I Can see the pictures now. :roll: Looks pretty sweet Matt. Must be quiet a lucky man to have 2 Land Cruisers!! :mrgreen: If memory serves me well.... I thought that you also organised a Colorado for a friend??Enjoy the new Toy!! :dance:
That's right Dylan, I have 2 (a mate's 90 and my new 80) in my garage at home and an 80 we did the big trip in in Cape Town. International family 'O Landcruisers it is..
You have a garage now? BTW should your sig line now say "Nala & Ruby"?

From my point of view, there was damage going on already. Wait til you see the main bearings - they are pooched.
If the bebs were slowly letting go then even if you'd swapped them you'd have had to pull the engine anyway.

Chris

Sheesh you're right.. I just looked at them again after cleaning them up.. I'll post the pics tomorrow.. 4 sleeps!

It would have been interesting to open up the oil filter. Judging by the beach made out of finely ground particles that were in the sump I'd guess it was pretty full. The main bearing looked like the side of a packet of Swan Vestas. One actually had a strip of metal torn out and sticking up. It's a terrible shame and a waste of a good engine. Still, new one sounds mint especially now we've swapped the injectors and seating washers.

But as I said, there was damage going on the first time you turned the key and even before that. I didn't know and neither did you. So at least we all know about the death rattle of the 1HDT now. Walk away as it will mean new engine or massive rebuild.

The cap bolts had snapped leaving threads in the con rod end. I'm guessing that one shell probably went over the other. The bolts certainly did not come loose and fall out.

Chris

You probably don't read about the BEB ticking symptom much these days because most of them have reached an age where they will have either self destructed or had the bearings replaced or don't need them replacing so it doesn't tend to come up. When I first got mine owners were quite paranoid about any ticking noise even if it was actually just the linkages on the side of the injection pump :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We did at the weekend :mrgreen:

Poor Ruby - Matt's not looking after her very well... :doh:

What we are dealing with here is a failure to communicate.

Or follow basic instructions, perhaps. I dunno. I was not there - if anyone asks. :shhh:

Bucket of T-cut should sort it out.

Chris

Back