Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A pile of invoices....

Bernese

Country Flag
england
Following the purchase of my 1993 HDJ80 auto back in August it was clear lots needed doing. Between Chris, Andy and myself a complete front axel rebuild, diff bearings, crown & pinion, discs, full h/brake rebuild, suspension shocks, springs, radiator, exhaust, wheel refurb, light upgrade and nemerous other smaller jobs are done but with lots still to do so I thought I'd add up the spend so far, I got about halfway and though I'd lift the dark cloud with was starting to descend ..... So off I went and bought a set of BFG KO2's (285's) and feel much better now :wink::tearsofjoy:

I've said it before but a big thank you to both Chris and Andy :beer:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I bet santa struggled with them down the chimney..
have you formed a opinion yet on your first proper 4x4 des?:icon-smile:

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to lift a cloud there Des.
Now you won't be going back and doing any more silly adding up of those invoices now will you? It only costs if you sell it, and you don't intend doing that in a hurry I can tell. Besides, what else can put a grin on your face like your cruiser?

I didn't think it would be long. Mechanically it's pretty damn good now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Someone recently mentioned money spent on my 80, I did a quick mental check and reckon £6,500 in the last three years, then think about the little bits and pieces and realise that's a conservative figure.

So I have tried to offset some via my business expenses, funny how an invoice I put in was instantly recognised and rejected by the IVA (VAT) office, how the hell do they know that 275/16/75 AT tyres do not fit an Opel Corsa van? :whistle:

Regards

Dave

Mmmmmmmmmm invoices. All I know is what I paid for the thing, don't think I need to know what I have spent on it since I have owned it

I look at it this way, changing cars every 3 years costs I dunno what, but my old truck has been with me for almost 12 years, or 4 car changes, and apart from some bolt-0n additions, the cost of maintenance of it has been very reasonable indeed.

I know what I have spent on mine, precisely. And if I were to sell I wouldn't expect to even get one third back. And that would still be at top dollar on a good day with a following wind. When people want to buy an 80, do it up and then prep it for travel with a budget of £5k all in, I do have to smile.

Glad to read you don't add the invoices up either guys make much more sence now :)

The work so far has made a world of difference to the driving experience it feels much more planted and responsive and once I finish the rear axel and rust work etc it will be a reborn workhorse...

The BFG's are a great addition just got to sort out a good general running tyre pressure I'm happy with....

I know what I have spent on mine, precisely. And if I were to sell I wouldn't expect to even get one third back. And that would still be at top dollar on a good day with a following wind. When people want to buy an 80, do it up and then prep it for travel with a budget of £5k all in, I do have to smile.
5k goes a long way on a cruiser, NOT

I guestimated 5k for some basic modification just to make it look right , but after a month's window shopping it looks like the EU has ensured there will be no invoices other than oil and filters and it will remain just a car :violin:

I guestimated 5k for some basic modification just to make it look right , but after a month's window shopping it looks like the EU has ensured there will be no invoices other than oil and filters and it will remain just a car :violin:
You can get your coopers in 35's

You can get your coopers in 35's

I know but i bought 3 sets of wheels and tyres for my 90 before i got what i wanted so i don't want to repeat that process , Maxxis do the only options i can find and i don't imagine they will last long at all on a daily driver .

I know but i bought 3 sets of wheels and tyres for my 90 before i got what i wanted so i don't want to repeat that process , Maxxis do the only options i can find and i don't imagine they will last long at all on a daily driver .
Try finding a 33" At that is not a 285 be buggered if I can

Back