Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

About to be a new LC4 owner in Guildford

Well done Jon,

What are your first impressions driving it home?

What do you really like about it, that stands out?

Graham

OK, good things and not so good things on my LC4 so far (compared against my previous car, a Freelander 2.2 diesel auto HSE). Bear in mind I have only done about 200 miles in it so far.

Good

Very quiet to drive, in fact it is so quiet compared to the Freelander I may be getting a letter from a hairdryer wielding policeman after rolling along a what I thought was a restrained speed but turned out to be around 35
Autobox works well, even though it is only 5 speed.
Enough get up and go to do the job
Very comfortable seats
Excellent space to left of brake pedal to park my left foot
Sat Nav, Phone integration and Audio are all top notch
Obviously loads of space inside (one of the main reasons I bought it)
Graphics for parking sensors and the rear camera very good
When I ordered the vehicle I wasn't sure about the colour choice as I let the wife have some input here, I wanted to go for the dark titanium but she wanted the silver and I have to say that it looks terrific. I got the side protection strips fitted and whilst pricey actually look really good on the silver paintwork as well as chunky enough to do a good job.
Access to the rear is very good. I have already used the opening rear window after some nice person parked right up to the towbar in tescos, I thought this was a bit of a gimmick but is actually very handy.
The Optitron gauges are amazingly clear, work better than the dials any other car I have driven.

Not so good.

Right knee rests against rather hard piece of door trim underneath the window controls, potentially uncomfortable on long journeys. I may put a pad on this.
Larger son complained front passenger seat is low and looking at where his legs end up I can see why (he is 15, 6' 4" and still growing)
Parking sensors are quite short range, used to longer range sensors with a more graduated warning tone
Windscreen is not heated. Have to see how it copes with an icy winter in terms of time to defrost

Overall conclusion

A very, very good vehicle which I intend to keep for a long time. For the next few years it is going to be going up and down the motorways, some unmade tracks and doing holidays in strange places, nothing too adventurous. After that we will see. I am already thinking about what to do with the car once the warranty runs out and (hopefully) the kids have naffed off.

Overall I am extremely chuffed with it. No buyers remorse at all, though I think I may avoid a couple of rather tight hotel car parks I have used in the past.

Taking it down to the Cote D'Azur in the summer, should be lots of fun, I reckon we will do about 3k miles...

Cheers

Jon

Thanks Jon for the 1st impression.

Graham

Glad you finally got it Jon & more importantly, lurve eet!!!

Happy motoring :cool:

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah nice, just ready for a shiny day on the plain :thumbup:

Time for Trevor to lead :cool:

There is actually a chrome strip in the door protection mouldings which I thought would look really tacky but actually look pretty good. Doesn't really show in the pictures though, I may need to take a couple more when the sun is not about to disappear....

Jon

Paul said:

As long as it does not risk denting or scratching I am up for it.......

JonP said:
Paul said:

And it starts..... :twisted: It's a downhill slope from here, be very carefull

TonyP said:
JonP said:
Paul said:

And it starts..... :twisted: It's a downhill slope from here, be very carefull

I am sure it will be, I already have plans for what I am going to do to my shiny once the warranty runs out, however that is 5 yrs down the road and I don't want to prang it too quickly

Back