Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Abs light and handbrake light on

Bannerman

Country Flag
ireland
Bought a 05 landcruiser that needs a test next week.

Abs and handbrake lights are on intermittently.
They will only go off when I go up hilly road at farm. Then they will stay off for about an hour

A replacement back rear sensor came with the jeep. I got a mechanic to fit but no luck.

Is it worth getting a sensor from Toyota. Guy that fixes abs sensors advised to try this and not a generic motor factors sensor.

Otherwise it could be faulty wire back along?

The handbrake warning light can indicate that the handbrake lever is not fully released or that the lever switch is faulty but that same warning light also indicates if the brake fluid is low.

Landcruiser or jeep ?
My brother inlaw borrowed a friend of his 4x4..... late at night I got a phone call ...
"Mate can you give me a hand...? the gear leaver has just come off in my hand on Dave's Jeep...."
10 mins later as I'm throwing a few tools in the cruiser it rings again ...." It's OK ...I've jammed it into low range and we can get going ....but can you sort it in the morning ?
Phone call to BIL in morning to ask for specific details on Jeep ..."dunno mate....it's a Jeep" Ok I said but need model and year....... " right" says BIL "I'll have a look and ring you back"
15 mins later my phone rung....... BIL...."hi mate ....it's a Landrover 90 " .... !!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back